CEGA has appointed a new business development manager to meet the rising demand for private medical repatriations from travellers.
Nick Simon, who takes on the new role, will focus on the needs of ill or injured clients who require repatriation to their home country (wherever that may be) or a country that offers suitable medical care, but have no insurance, or find their policies do not cover them. He brings significant experience of the travel sector to the job.
CEGA reports that the growing global demand for repatriations calls for a range of flexible solutions: from road, rail and sea journeys and scheduled flights with medical escorts, to intensive care bed-to-bed air ambulance transfers with full medical and security management, complex travel arrangements and hospital admission. It cites heart problems, long-term illness and complex fractures among the most common conditions to necessitate repatriation.
Nick Simon comments, "Individuals in need overseas are not always aware that they can access repatriation services directly, without insurance, nor that a repatriation involves very much more than a journey. My advice is to always seek the services of an experienced provider who has the best interests of the patient at heart.
"A reputable supplier will fully assess a patient's needs, select and deploy the right transport and medical care to meet those needs and support them (and their families) from one hospital bed to another. Where needed, they will also provide integrated security assistance."
Muir Roberston, CEGA's managing director, concludes: "We draw on over forty years' experience, on in-house doctors, nurses and multilingual assistance staff and on a global network of hospitals, transport and security partners to provide the best patient care at the best cost.
"Testament to this is the fact that we were the first company in Europe to gain the Commercial Aviation Medical Escort Accreditation from EURAMI*: recognising our global expertise in end-to-end patient transfers."
*European Aeromedical Institute
- HCA Healthcare UK Launches Rapid Response Referral Service With The HCA UK Concierge Centre
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Jody Baker, Chief Executive Officer, Charles Taylor Assistance
- BBC To Highlight Insurance Fraud With Charles Taylor Fraud Specialists
- Digital Risk Management Solutions In A Global Pandemic
- Travel Anxiety: Looking To The Future
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Jody Baker, Commercial Director, Charles Taylor Assistance
- Driving Innovation In The Travel Insurance Sector With The Travel Health Calculator
- Charles Taylor Assistance Adds Significant Expertise To In-House Medical Team
- Infectious Diseases Abroad: What Should Business Travellers Know?
- FOCUS ON FRAUD: iPMI Magazine Speaks With Simon Cook, Head Of Technical Claims, CEGA Group, A Charles Taylor Company
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Eithan Wolf, CEO, PassportCard Germany
- HCI Group Launches New Modular iPMI Plan, NIMBL Health
- APRIL International Maintains Top IPMI Service Rating For 2nd Consecutive Year
- Allianz Partners Continues Growth Trajectory Driven By Travel Rebound
- Allianz Partners Enhances Health Business With New Appointments