American International Group, Inc. has announced the appointment of Edward Levin as Global Head of Accident & Health, General Insurance. He will report to Christopher Townsend, Chief Executive Officer of AIG International General Insurance, and will start next month based in London.
In this new role, Mr. Levin will be responsible for the global A&H portfolio, including distribution and underwriting strategy. He will develop a global A&H strategy, identify growth opportunities and create a diverse distribution pipeline.
Mr. Levin joins AIG from Chubb where he served in senior roles including Division President of International A&H and most recently, as Group Digital Business Officer. Previously he spent four years at ACE Europe as Executive Vice President of A&H, Life and Personal Lines. Earlier in his career, he held roles at Citigroup and Booz Allen Hamilton.
Mr. Townsend said: “Edward’s deep understanding of the A&H business and his experience in building out digital platforms and products will add value as we develop next generation digital capabilities for AIG. I am pleased to welcome Edward to AIG as we position our A&H business for growth in an evolving industry.”
Mr. Levin said: “I’m looking forward to joining AIG to build a market-leading A&H business. AIG has a strong heritage of product innovation and distribution leadership in this area; with this renewed focus we will be well positioned to deliver products and services that add value for our customers.”
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- CEGA Makes Senior Medical Appointment For New Spanish Office
- Horwich Farrelly And LV= Strike Further Blow To Fraudulent Claims Boss Who Is Jailed For Six Months
- First Stop Health Delivers Best Practices for High ROI Telemedicine
- Transactional Risk Insurance Use By Investors Reached Record Levels In 2018
- Collinson Enhances Global Medical Assistance Team With Key Appointments