Bupa announces the appointment of Michael Hawker as a Non-Executive Director with effect from 1 April 2019.
Roger Davis, Chairman of Bupa said: “We are delighted to welcome Michael to the Board and look forward to working with him. He brings valuable experience of financial services from across the world, particularly in Australia, Bupa’s largest market.”
Michael brings extensive knowledge and experience of financial services over a long career in the banking and insurance industries, in both executive and non-executive roles, in Europe, Asia and Australia.
He is currently a Non-Executive Director of Macquarie Group Ltd, Macquarie Bank Ltd and Washington H Soul Pattinson Pty and Company Ltd. Michael has also served as a Non-Executive Director of Aviva plc’s Board since 2010 and is Chairman of their Risk Committee. He will be retiring from the Aviva Board with effect from 31 March 2019.
Michael will also join the Boards of Bupa’s key subsidiaries in Australia as a Non-Executive Director from 1 April 2019.
- Breast Cancer Risk To 6 Million Women Who Never Check For Cancer Signs
- Bupa Completes Acquisition Of Turkey’s 2nd Largest Health Insurer
- Bupa Launches Rapid Diagnosis Pathways In London
- Bupa Appoints Caroline Silver As Board Director
- Bupa Announces Sale Of Part Of UK Care Home Business
- Bupa Announces New Leadership For Its Market Units In Australia And New Zealand And The UK
- Bupa Half Year Results 2016
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- CEGA Makes Senior Medical Appointment For New Spanish Office
- Horwich Farrelly And LV= Strike Further Blow To Fraudulent Claims Boss Who Is Jailed For Six Months
- First Stop Health Delivers Best Practices for High ROI Telemedicine
- Transactional Risk Insurance Use By Investors Reached Record Levels In 2018
- Collinson Enhances Global Medical Assistance Team With Key Appointments