Collinson has appointed Dr Simon Worrell to the position of Global Medical Director to lead its medical services department.
Dr Worrell has over 20 years of experience in the delivery of international medical assistance and emergency care, and also brings significant specialist expertise in immunology and communicable diseases. He joins Collinson from Healix.
In his new role, Simon will lead Collinson’s medical team and provide advice on medical issues, including pandemics from Ebola to Zika, helping to keep travellers and expatriates safe as they work and holiday internationally.
The appointment of a new Global Medical Director coincides with Collinson’s recent launch of its integrated 24/7/365 travel risk management solution in partnership with Drum Cussac, the global risk and security consultancy. This aims to help organisations fulfil their duty of care and enhance the wellbeing of employees travelling abroad.
Simon’s expertise will strengthen the medical elements of Collinson’s travel risk management solution such as pre-travel disease and vaccination briefings, emergency evacuations and international medical assistance.
Scott Sunderman, Head of Assistance at Collinson, commented: “Simon’s appointment demonstrates our continued commitment to providing world leading medical advice and medical care to our customers globally.”
Simon spent eight years at Healix as Deputy Chief Medical Officer, having led its medical intelligence and publication efforts, and pioneered eLearning courses in communicable and infectious disease management. He also worked in NHS hospitals for nine years, where he specialised in the management of communicable diseases.
Simon added: “I’m truly delighted to join Collinson; its ability to provide travellers and expatriates with what they need to be happy, safe and prepared for working and holidaying abroad, is unique in the marketplace. I’m looking forward to bolstering our existing global assistance capacity and footprint by expanding the medical team and promoting Collinson as the go-to firm for medical assistance.”
For further information on Collinson’s global medical and security expertise please click here.
- CEGA Expands Medical Team
- AIA Agrees Exclusive Asia-Pacific Regional Partnership With Medix
- Collinson Continues Medical Assistance Expansion With Aspen Medical Partnership
- Warning Against Fake Anti-Rabies Vaccine In The Philippines
- International SOS And Chinese Enterprise Association (SINGAPORE) Sign A Partnership Agreement
- Healix International Signs Up To UN Global Compact
- Chinese Travel Expansion: International Assistance Group Welcomes HealthLink As Core Partner
- Global Assistance Partners Joins International Assistance Group In South Korea
- Immediate Access Needed to Save Lives in Famine-stricken Communities in South Sudan
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- New Frontier Group Wins Cost Containment And Claims Management Company Of The Year At The 2019 ITIC Awards In Malta
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network e-Directory November 2019: iPMI - Assistance - Air Ambulance - Funeral Directors - Cost Containment - Claims Management + MORE
- New Frontier Group Signs New Agreement With International Assistance Group (IAG) For US Cost Containment
- New Frontier Group
- AXA To Sell AXA Bank Belgium, And Enter Into A Long-Term Insurance Distribution Partnership With Crelan Bank