Starr Insurance Companies has announced the appointment of Carmella Capitano, senior vice president, as head of primary general casualty-risk management and excess casualty.
In this new role Capitano will lead a team responsible for insuring the complex risks of organizations with revenues of $400 million or more. She will also lead Starr’s excess casualty team. These units insure a broad spectrum of industries such as hospitality, manufacturing, real estate, communications/telecomm, healthcare and sports venues.
“Carmella joined Starr in 2009 and quickly progressed as a leader in primary and excess energy, developing a well-rounded team and profitable book of business,” said Steve Blakey, president and chief executive officer, Starr Insurance Holdings, Inc. “Her ability to foresee and manage market fluctuations is one of the main reasons Carmella was chosen for the role of building this diverse and complex business operation.”
Dan Conway, executive vice president, specialty casualty, will continue to oversee Starr’s energy unit, with two experienced executives, Les Lappe and Greg Cropp, respectively managing the primary and excess divisions.
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- Costa Fortune – Every 3 Minutes A UK Traveller Now Needs Emergency Medical Treatment Abroad, As The Medical Treatment Bill Hits An 8 Year High
- How Safe Is It To Visit Hong Kong?
- Now Health International Bolsters Senior Leadership Team With Strategic Hire
- Latest ABI Analysis Underlines Importance Of Preparing For Business Travel Risks
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Janette Hiscock, CEO Of Global Solutions Europe, United Healthcare Global