Starr Insurance Companies has announced the appointment of Andrew Hopper as Head of Financial Institutions for the UK and Europe. Hopper joins Starr on June 3 and will be responsible for the strategy and profitable growth of the Financial Institutions division.
Prior to Starr, Hopper was a senior client executive within the FinPro Practice at Marsh in London.
“Andrew brings more than 17 years of financial industry insurance experience on both the broker and carrier sides of the business,” said Liz Ilott, chief underwriting officer, Financial Lines, Starr Underwriting Agents Ltd (SUAL). “He’s developed smart risk management solutions for large financial institutions throughout his career, including banks, asset managers, and life insurance companies, with a solid track record of driving revenue growth for his employers. His leadership will help us to develop new channels and strengthen our client and partner relationships.”
Andrew will report directly to Liz Ilott and will be based in Starr’s London office.
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- Healix International Risk Oracle 2020 Predicts The Medical And Security Risks For The Year Ahead
- New Survey Reveals Gulf In Worldwide Workplace Wellbeing
- Wayne Manning Joins Sedgwick’s International Division
- Pacific Prime Accepts the 2019 Award for Elevating Customer Experience With Technology at the Allianz Broker Event in Dubai
- Affinity Insurance Markets: The Uk And Us Compared