Starr Insurance Companies has announced the appointment of Andrew Hopper as Head of Financial Institutions for the UK and Europe. Hopper joins Starr on June 3 and will be responsible for the strategy and profitable growth of the Financial Institutions division.
Prior to Starr, Hopper was a senior client executive within the FinPro Practice at Marsh in London.
“Andrew brings more than 17 years of financial industry insurance experience on both the broker and carrier sides of the business,” said Liz Ilott, chief underwriting officer, Financial Lines, Starr Underwriting Agents Ltd (SUAL). “He’s developed smart risk management solutions for large financial institutions throughout his career, including banks, asset managers, and life insurance companies, with a solid track record of driving revenue growth for his employers. His leadership will help us to develop new channels and strengthen our client and partner relationships.”
Andrew will report directly to Liz Ilott and will be based in Starr’s London office.
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- Steve English Joins Trustmark Board Of Directors
- The Rugby World Cup 2019 – A Corporate Travel Conundrum
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Sigal Atzmon, CEO, Medix Group
- AIG Names Karen Ling Executive Vice President, Chief Human Resources Officer
- MetLife Gulf Partners With Special Olympics In The UAE To Give Back To The Community