Sedgwick has named Wayne Cheng its chief operations officer for Asia. In his new role, Cheng will be responsible for executing the company's business and growth strategy and driving operational efficiency as Sedgwick scales its business across the region.
Having worked in the insurance industry for more than 20 years, Cheng has built up a wealth of experience in this sector. His specialties include data analysis, insurance claims, finance marketing, operations, project management, reinsurance and talent management. He joined Sedgwick in 2014 as general manager of Sedgwick's Asia operations. He previously held a variety of senior roles, including vice president, chief claims officer and global claims finance analyst of a leading insurance company. Cheng is also a Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) and Associate in Claims (AIC).
"Wayne has a deep and thorough understanding of our industry, and his experience across general insurance and the Asia markets will continue to be a great asset to Sedgwick," said James Ong, Sedgwick CEO for Asia. "Wayne's main objectives as COO are to position Sedgwick for continued growth in Asia and enable our company to operate at its full capacity and capabilities. This is an exciting time for our team as Sedgwick in Asia grows from strength to strength. In this new leadership role, Wayne will help us ensure that Sedgwick remains at the forefront of the industry across the region and around the world."
As Sedgwick looks to the next phase of its business development in Asia, the company's focus on capabilities, clients and solutions will be supported by market-leading, cutting-edge technology, expertise and exceptional service.
"Sedgwick is not only the world's largest claims and risk solutions provider, but also a company that values innovation, quality and best-in-class service," Cheng said. "I'm looking forward to assisting James and working with the rest of the team in growing our business in Asia—not only in terms of products, but also in breadth of solutions and capabilities."
Sedgwick is a leading global provider of technology-enabled risk, benefits and integrated business solutions. We provide a broad range of resources tailored to our clients' specific needs in casualty, property, marine, benefits and other lines. At Sedgwick, caring counts®; through the dedication and expertise of more than 21,000 colleagues across 65 countries, the company takes care of people and organisations by mitigating and reducing risks and losses, promoting health and productivity, protecting brand reputations, and containing costs that can impact the bottom line. Sedgwick's majority shareholder is The Carlyle Group; Stone Point Capital LLC, La Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ) and other management investors are minority shareholders. For more, see www.sedgwick.com.
- 3 Exclusive Summer Offers From iPMI Magazine
- 'Compliance Isn't So Scary Now!' – Insurance Expert To Host Second Industry Masterclass
- Download iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory e-Directory June 2019: iPMI - Assistance - Air Ambulance - Funeral Directors - Cost Containment - Claims Management + MORE
- CEGA Expands Medical Team
- AIA Agrees Exclusive Asia-Pacific Regional Partnership With Medix
- Broadstone Group Enters IPMI Market With Acquisition Of Specialist IPMI and Employee Benefits Firm
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Jerome Droesch, CEO, Cigna, MENA
- International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI) Policy Designed To Meet The Needs Of Expatriates Living In France Pre And Post BREXIT
- Healix International Identifies The Big Health Risks For Workers Travelling Across The Globe In 2019
- International Health Insurer Allianz Care Announces Appointments For Qatar And Germany
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- Cigna Opens Headquarters For African Operations In Nairobi, Kenya
- Video: In 2019 The Definition Of An Expatriate Is Obsolete
- Rising Medical Costs And Shifting Health Drivers Fuel Innovation In Employer-Sponsored Health Plans
- How To Submit News, Articles and Case Studies To iPMI Magazine
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Sheldon Kenton President And CEO, GeoBlue