AXIS Re has announced that Jason Busti has been named President of North America.
In this role, Mr. Busti will oversee AXIS Re’s North America treaty reinsurance business, which includes the United States, Bermuda and Canadian markets. Mr. Busti will be a member of the Reinsurance Leadership team and will report to AXIS Re CEO Steve Arora. He will be based in New York.
“Jason is a highly accomplished and widely respected reinsurance leader who possesses the right mix of technical skills, leadership capabilities and broker market experience,” said Mr. Arora. “His approach and perspective are well aligned with the performance, people and client-centric cultures that we are building across AXIS Re.”
Mr. Busti joins AXIS Re from Swiss Re, where he spent 22 years in a variety of underwriting and sales management positions. Most recently, he was Managing Director and Client Executive, with responsibility for the company’s U.S. Globals business. Prior to that, Mr. Busti was a Senior Vice President, where he led a global, cross-functional team of 250 people. He also served as Head of Casualty Underwriting for the regional segment in the U.S.
AXIS Re also announced that Roman Romeo has assumed the role of Head of Property Bermuda.
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- Costa Fortune – Every 3 Minutes A UK Traveller Now Needs Emergency Medical Treatment Abroad, As The Medical Treatment Bill Hits An 8 Year High
- How Safe Is It To Visit Hong Kong?
- Now Health International Bolsters Senior Leadership Team With Strategic Hire
- Latest ABI Analysis Underlines Importance Of Preparing For Business Travel Risks
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Janette Hiscock, CEO Of Global Solutions Europe, United Healthcare Global