AXIS Re has announced that Jason Busti has been named President of North America.
In this role, Mr. Busti will oversee AXIS Re’s North America treaty reinsurance business, which includes the United States, Bermuda and Canadian markets. Mr. Busti will be a member of the Reinsurance Leadership team and will report to AXIS Re CEO Steve Arora. He will be based in New York.
“Jason is a highly accomplished and widely respected reinsurance leader who possesses the right mix of technical skills, leadership capabilities and broker market experience,” said Mr. Arora. “His approach and perspective are well aligned with the performance, people and client-centric cultures that we are building across AXIS Re.”
Mr. Busti joins AXIS Re from Swiss Re, where he spent 22 years in a variety of underwriting and sales management positions. Most recently, he was Managing Director and Client Executive, with responsibility for the company’s U.S. Globals business. Prior to that, Mr. Busti was a Senior Vice President, where he led a global, cross-functional team of 250 people. He also served as Head of Casualty Underwriting for the regional segment in the U.S.
AXIS Re also announced that Roman Romeo has assumed the role of Head of Property Bermuda.
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- Pacific Prime Accepts the 2019 Award for Elevating Customer Experience With Technology at the Allianz Broker Event in Dubai
- Affinity Insurance Markets: The Uk And Us Compared
- Healix International Raises Hong Kong Security Risk Rating To Moderate
- New Frontier Group Wins Cost Containment And Claims Management Company Of The Year At The 2019 ITIC Awards In Malta
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network e-Directory November 2019: iPMI - Assistance - Air Ambulance - Funeral Directors - Cost Containment - Claims Management + MORE