AXA – Global Healthcare, has announced the appointment of Gordon Delaney as Regional Head of Europe, effective immediately.
With 15 years’ experience in the financial services market, Delaney will oversee AXA – Global Healthcare’s newest distribution hub, based in Dublin. He will be responsible for driving distribution throughout Europe, retaining and growing business in the region, as well as continuing to develop relationships with key partners.
Having spent a large part of his career with Allianz Care, most recently as Head of Sales and Distribution for Northern, Central and Eastern Europe, Delaney brings excellent knowledge and vast experience of working in international insurance markets to the role.
Commenting on his new role, Delaney said: “I joined AXA – Global Healthcare because of its unique position in what’s an increasingly complex market. With the weight of the AXA brand and the businesses’ global capabilities I feel the potential to collaborate and grow the business is massive. To do this it’s vital we put our customers first and the new European hub allows us to do so while providing a fantastic platform to develop the business further.”
The dedicated European hub, which opened in March 2019, is already supporting AXA’s customers and new business opportunities in the region. Despite changing regulations and uncertainty around the UK’s position in the EU, by working with AXA Insurance dac, another insurer from within the AXA Group, it means AXA – Global Healthcare is well prepared to take advantage of whatever the future holds. Delaney has extensive experience of the local regulatory market as well as other markets across the region in which AXA operates.
Kevin Melton, Global Head Sales and Marketing AXA – Global Healthcare, commented: “Considering his extensive experience we’re looking forward to realising the value that Gordon will bring to our global team. Together with our distribution hubs in the UK and Hong Kong, and AXA’s capabilities in the Middle East, our new European hub demonstrates our continued commitment to the global healthcare market and our ability to meet the regional needs of clients, on a global scale.”
- How is the Ukraine Conflict affecting iPMI and Travel Insurance Markets?
- GBG Introduces New Brand and Website
- Bancassurance Groups Accounted For Over 8% Of The Value Of The Global Insurance Market In 2019
- Bupa Announces Evelyn Bourke Is Retiring As Group CEO And Appoints Iñaki Ereño from 1 January 2021
- AM Best Affirms Credit Ratings Of Allianz SE And Rated Subsidiaries
- Recovery Delayed As International Travel Remains Locked Down
- Oman Insurance Company Completes 100% Acquisition Of Dubai Starr Sigorta
- Medical And Security Assistance Provider Announces Sale Of Assets And Intellectual Property
- Pacific Prime China Wins 2 Cigna & CMB Awards
- U.S. Insurance Industry’s Structured Securities Holdings Top $1 Trillion
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Eithan Wolf, CEO, PassportCard Germany
- HCI Group Launches New Modular iPMI Plan, NIMBL Health
- APRIL International Maintains Top IPMI Service Rating For 2nd Consecutive Year
- Allianz Partners Continues Growth Trajectory Driven By Travel Rebound
- Allianz Partners Enhances Health Business With New Appointments