Global health service company, Cigna, appointed Arjan Toor as Chief Executive Officer of European operations. Arjan will lead the newly-combined operational structure, which spans International Organisations (IGO’s and NGO’s), European employers as well as the company’s solutions for globally mobile individuals.
“Arjan’s leadership, combined with his deep knowledge of customer and client needs is an important asset to Cigna,” said Jason Sadler, President, Cigna International Markets. “In his previous role as CEO of Cigna’s International Organisations business, Arjan enhanced its position in the market and I am confident that he will continue to drive our growth trajectory.”
The new structure, which brings together all of Cigna’s European business units, will enable Cigna to deliver affordable whole health solutions and accelerate innovation to better meet the dynamic needs of customers, clients, communities and partners. To support its customers, the new operation will have dedicated offices in the United Kingdom, Belgium, Spain, Kenya, Dubai, the United States and Malaysia.
“This is an extremely exciting time for Cigna,” said Toor. “We operate in an environment with increasing customer expectations. Our new, streamlined organisation allows a greater drive for affordability for our clients, while also helping us create a more tailored and personalised service in markets across the globe. At a time when the cost of healthcare is rising by up to 12% each year and employers want localised solutions for globally mobile individuals, our new organisational structure will be crucial to helping us continue to provide industry-leading, tailored and affordable whole health solutions.”
Since joining Cigna in 2011, Toor has held several roles, including Chief Marketing Officer for Cigna International Markets, based in Hong Kong. Most recently he spent two years as CEO of Cigna International Organisations, Africa and Global IPMI, Cigna’s business for globally mobile individuals.
Phil Austin, who previously headed Cigna’s European business lines will take on a broader role as Head of Strategy and Global Business Development for Cigna International Markets.
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Jerome Droesch, CEO, Cigna, MENA
- Over Two Thirds Of Globally Mobile Workers Are Unhappy With The Time Available To Spend With Family
- Cigna Opens New Global Sales Centre For Global Individual Private Medical Insurance Business At Dubai International Financial Centre
- Cigna and CVS Health Launch Cigna Health Works
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- Managing International Medical Risks During A Global Pandemic
- Passenger Revenues Could Plummet $252 Billion Below 2019’s Figure
- How To Take Care Of Your Mental Health During The Global Pandemic
- Aetna To Provide Members With Free Access To Virtual Health Care During Covid-19
- Cost Of Living Would Prompt A Fifth of Expats To Return Home