Peak Reinsurance Company Limited (“Peak Re”), a global reinsurer based in Hong Kong, has appointed Mr. Clarence Wong as Chief Economist effective from 16 Nov 2020, highlighting Peak Re’s commitment to strengthen its service in Asia and around the globe.
Reporting directly to Mr. Franz Josef Hahn, Chief Executive Officer of Peak Re, Mr. Wong will be responsible for delivering strategic insights on economic, insurance and emerging risk to the company and its key stakeholders. He will also oversee the development of thought-leadership content for Peak Re.
Mr. Wong has more than two decades of experience in the insurance and reinsurance market. Prior to joining Peak Re, he worked at Swiss Re since 1999, where he last served as the Chief Economist, Asia and oversaw the company’s research initiatives around the Asia-Pacific region. Before that, he spent 9 years at HSBC’s economic research department, worked with PricewaterhouseCoopers in its management consulting arm, and in the R&D department of Hutchison Trading Ltd.
Commenting on the new appointment, Mr. Hahn said, “We are delighted to welcome Clarence on board, as we look to provide stronger analysis and insights for our key stakeholders.
While Asia’s insurance landscape continues to grow and evolve, it is important for us to understand the strategic implications of economic environments in which we operate and make better decisions by understanding the impact of our choices.
I am confident that Clarence will be a significant addition to our team, particularly with his wealth of knowledge and expertise in the global reinsurance markets.”
- Peak Re Announces The Successful Issuance Of $250 Million Perpetual Subordinated Guaranteed Capital Securities
- How To Submit News, Articles and Case Studies To iPMI Magazine
- Swiss Re Estimates Its Fourth Quarter 2018 Claims Burden From Large Natural Catastrophes At USD 1.0 Billion; Large Man-Made Losses Caused Additional USD 0.3 Billion Of Claims
- AM Best Affirms Credit Ratings Of Austral Resseguradora S.A. And Austral Seguradora S.A.
- RGA Elects New Member To Board Of Directors
- Gunther Saacke To Step Down As CEO Of Qatar Re
- Stormy Currents Emerging For MENA Reinsurers
- Arch Reinsurance Ltd. Announces Formation of Arch Underwriters (Gulf) Limited
- Majority of Life Insurance Brokers, Carriers and Vendors Anticipate Innovation Will Streamline and Speed the Issuance of Life Insurance Policies
- Swiss Re Reports Strong Net Income Of $3.0 Billion For First 9 Months Of 2016
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- HSBC Life Appoints Ying Teoh As Global Head Of Customer Proposition
- Introducing MediHelp International
- Pacific Prime Named Cigna Middle East's "Individual Broker of the Year" And "Innovative Broker of the Year" In 2020
- International Health Insurance 2020: The Definitive iPMI Market Report Is Now Available At A Reduced Price
- Singapore Sees A Drop In Rental Costs For Expatriates Due To The Effects Of Covid-19