Haden has over 20 years’ A&H experience, including various underwriting roles at AXA, Collinson Group and most recently Generali Global Health, where he was responsible for the Italian insurer’s global IPMI portfolio.
HDI Global Specialty’s move into international PMI is part of a longer term growth plan which is designed to diversify its portfolio by product, geographical scope, production and distribution. The insurer’s expectation is that IPMI will make a significant contribution to its A&H portfolio.
Announcing the hire, A&H underwriting manager Kieran Morrin said: “HDI Global Specialty is on a path of significant controlled growth, and our Accident & Health line is a key part of this. Ben has an excellent reputation in the IPMI market and his appointment is another step of our planned expansion.”
Ben Haden added: “I’m pleased to be joining HDI Global Specialty’s A&H team, especially at a time when it’s looking to grow its footprint in the market.”
The new PMI and IPMI cover is available across the spectrum of insureds, from individuals through to multinational corporations, placed via brokers or directly with agents.
HDI Global Specialty SE is a specialty lines insurer. It is a joint venture of Hannover Re and HDI Global SE, both strong and established players in the insurance and reinsurance market, which are part of the Talanx Group. HDI Global Specialty’s focus is on writing agency and specialty insurance business. With operations in 9 locations and access to a global network of more than 150 countries through the HDI Global SE network. HDI Global Specialty also enjoys the same financial strength as HDI Global SE.
As an industrial lines insurer, HDI Global SE (HDI) meets the needs of SMEs, industrial companies and corporate customers with insurance solutions that are specifically tailored to their requirements. In addition to HDI's prominent position in the German and broader European market, the company also has operations in more than 150 countries through foreign branch offices, subsidiary and peer companies, and network partners. The company is thus able to offer its customers local policies for their global operations, which ensure that the established service and insurance protection is extended for all covered risks worldwide.
HDI Global SE is a company in the Industrial Lines Division of the Talanx Group. Approximately 3.700 employees in this division generated gross written premiums of approx. EUR 6.7 billion in the year 2020.
The rating agency Standard & Poor’s has given the Talanx Primary Group a financial strength rating of A+/stable (strong). Talanx AG is listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange in the SDAX.
For additional information, please go to: www.hdi-specialty.com
Hannover Re, with gross premium of more than EUR 22 billion in 2019, is the third-largest reinsurer in the world. It transacts all lines of property & casualty and life & health reinsurance and is present on all continents with around 3,300 staff. Established in 1966, the Hannover Re Group today has a network of more than 140 subsidiaries, branches, and representative offices worldwide. The Group's German business is written by the subsidiary E+S Rück. The rating agencies most relevant to the insurance industry have awarded both Hannover Re and E+S Rück outstanding financial strength ratings: Standard & Poor's AA-"Very Strong" and A.M. Best A+ "Superior".
- GBG Introduces New Brand and Website
- International Private Medical Insurance Magazine Provider Network Directory January 2022
- Global Ventures Attracts New Investment For Its Second Fund From Bupa Arabia
- International Private Medical Insurance Magazine Provider Network Directory December 2021
- Will Bupa And DNI Now Compete In Several Countries Where Generali And Generali Employee Benefits Are Both In Business, Or Just The Middle East, Or Just The UAE?
- AXA – Global Healthcare Appoints Andy O’Cain As Global Head Of Distribution
- The Death Of The Credit Standard In IPMI & Travel Insurance
- DIOT-LSN And SIACI SAINT HONORE Finalize Their Merger And Create A Leading Independent European Insurance Broker
- Expatriate Group Adds Free Upgrades To Corporate iPMI Plans For All New And Existing Policyholders
- BLACK FRIDAY: Save Up To 33% When You Purchase International Health Insurance (IPMI) 2021 Report