Mondial Assistance USA, a leading consumer specialty insurance and assistance provider, has rebranded to Allianz Global Assistance as part of a global brand transition expected to be complete in late 2012. Allianz, parent-company of Allianz Global Assistance, is the 20th largest company in the world (Forbes Global 2000, 2011) and 67th most valuable global brand (Interbrand, 2011). The company's popular Access America(R) travel insurance products will be renamed Allianz Travel Insurance.
In the United States, Allianz Global Assistance insures 13 million people, mostly with its travel insurance and event ticket protection plans. Globally, the company consists of 28 business units representing 1.9 billion euros (approximately $2.4B) in revenue -- and is one of the fastest growing in the Allianz group.
"Rebranding will allow us to connect to the global strength that Allianz represents," said Jonathan M. Ansell, Chairman of Allianz Global Assistance USA. "The Allianz brand stands for confidence and stability and those are qualities that are important to us, to our partners and to our customers. We're pleased to be able to better project those qualities by taking the Allianz name."
Allianz Global Assistance, a unit of Allianz for the last decade, is moving to capitalize on the growing recognition of the parent company's brand among Americans and coincides with a national brand awareness campaign. This campaign highlights core areas of the Allianz business in the U.S., including the company's focus on investment, insurance and retirement products and services. The campaign launched in 2010 with ads running in the Wall Street Journal and on CNBC, NPR and other national media outlets.
"Sharing a global brand with Allianz strengthens our ability to communicate our tremendous size and reach to the companies and customers who have put their trust in us," said Ansell. "At the same time, we're pleased that millions of consumers will now be exposed to the Allianz brand when they purchase our products."
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- Allianz Care Reports Up To 235% Year-On-Year Increase In Applications For International Health Insurance Policies
- ACC Aviation Partners With Air Ambulance Systems Specialist AeroMedical
- Aetna International Announces Partnership With Leading Mental Well-Being App Wysa, As Part Of Enhanced Mental Well-Being Support For Members During COVID-19 Pandemic
- Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty And Allianz Care Introduce Digital Health Services To Singapore-Based Customers
- Johan Forsgård To Take New Nordics Leadership Role At Willis Towers Watson