CSA Travel Protection, a leading provider of travel insurance, today announced that it is rebranding to Generali Global Assistance. This corporate initiative is part of a broader organizational program to rebrand several Europ Assistance business lines in the United States to Generali Global Assistance. Europ Assistance is part of the Generali Group, one of the world's largest insurance groups.
As Generali Global Assistance, the Company will be able to fully leverage the global scale and resources of one of the strongest and most successful corporations in the world. Further, the rebrand supports Generali Global Assistance's North American business growth and aligns its operations as the company continues to expand its global leadership position in the insurance industry.
Chris Carnicelli, CEO, Generali Global Assistance North America commented on today's news, "This is another exciting step our company has taken to bring our global solutions and talents directly to our clients. In the U.S. travel insurance space, our partnership capabilities and service to customers is unrivaled -- now having the global scale and resources of one of the 50 largest companies in the world puts us even further ahead in the quest to provide cutting-edge solutions to our business partners and end-clients."
Generali Global Assistance Travel Insurance & Assistance Services
Products and solutions carrying the CSA Travel Protection name will be transitioned over time to fall under the Generali Global Assistance brand, while retaining and enhancing the offerings and services to its customers that it has established over the past 25 years. Generali Global Assistance offers a full suite of innovative, vertically integrated travel insurance products and assistance services that protect consumers against risks associated with travel and helps resolve issues that may arise. These services span the entire travel insurance value chain, including underwriting, product design, commercial delivery and claims administration. Several new and enhanced travel insurance plans under the Generali Global Assistance brand are being launched in the U.S. marketplace shortly.
Chris Carnicelli concluded, "Our travel insurance and emergency assistance services unit has long been recognized for our uncompromising commitment to our customer's peace of mind. We are committed to growing our leadership position in the travel insurance industry, and as such, we are continually improving the value we bring to our customers. Backed by the global resources and strength of Generali Group, we are in an even better position to enhance our value proposition."
Serious issues while traveling happen more often than consumers realize. One in six U.S. adults reported having to cut a trip short or change travel plans, and of those affected, only 22% had travel insurance to protect their investment, according to a recent U.S. Travel Insurance Association survey. With a Generali Global Assistance travel protection plan, travelers can be reimbursed for unused, pre-paid, nonrefundable trip costs if they need to cancel or interrupt a vacation for a covered reason. Additionally, the Company's medical and dental coverage, as well as emergency assistance services, are designed to provide necessary medical, surgical and emergency dental care costs along with around the clock 24-hour Emergency Assistance services.
However, that represents only a fraction of the Company's offerings. One of Generali's key differentiators is that its executive team has diversified experience across all insurance markets, including health, life, casualty, travel, property, liability and more. This unique expertise allows the Company the ability to offer innovative, customizable products that make travel safer and protect travel investments.
Latest from International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI) Magazine
- Dubai Hospital To Undergo AED 290 Million-Expansion Plan
- Aviva To Commence Share Buy-Back
- Bupa To Increase Stake In Bupa Arabia To 34.25%
- Bupa Chairman Announces Intention To Step Down In December 2018
- Aetna International Launch 'vHealth by Aetna' A Global Digital Primary Healthcare Service in India
- CEGA Collaborates With Charles Taylor General Adjusting Services To Enhance Fraud Investigation Capabilities
- Cigna Global Health Benefits Launches Crisis Assistance Plus
- Turning the Travel Insurance Claims Process Inside Out
- 1 In 3 Millennials Turns Down A Job In Part Because Of Poor Insurance Offerings
- Anthem Comments On Decision Of Delaware Court of Chancery On Acquisition of Cigna
- BREXIT And The Impact For Insurers And Brokers Operating In Or Planning to Operate In The UK And Europe 2017 Sample Contents
- BREXIT And The Impact For Insurers And Brokers Operating In Or Planning to Operate In The UK And Europe 2017
- Insurance Industry Could Be Facing A Perfect Storm Warns BIBA CEO Steve White
- Captive Insurance: A Viable Risk Management Tool For Asian Corporations
- British Insurance Brokers’ Association Launch Good Practice Guide For Brokers
- Expats, Health Insurance, Impats And Immigrants
- Towergate Insurance Q1 2017 Results
- Cigna Corporation Announces Termination Of Anthem Transaction
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Tom Wilkinson, CEO of AXA’s Global Healthcare Business
- Healix Supports XL Catlin With Range Of 'Duty Of Care' Services For Its New Protect & Assist Product
- How Well Are You Preparing Your Staff For Overseas Assignments?
- AIG Europe Announces Full Year Results For 2016 And First Quarter Results For 2017
- Empire Life Expands Expatriate Group Benefits Offerings
- Aon Completes Acquisition Of International Benefits Brokerage Portfolio Of Mayfair Group
- Aon Reports First Quarter 2017 Results
- BIBA Creates An ‘Adaptation Guide’ To Help Brokers, Insurers And Customers Navigate The Post Insurance Act World
- Digital Networking Will Be More Important For UK Brokers Than Face-To-Face Within A Decade
- International Assistance Group And Ace Air & Ambulance New Partnership Guarantees Emergency Medical Care In Zimbabwe
- Milestone For European Air Ambulance With Completion Of Fleet Renewal Programme
- iPMI Magazine IPMI Provider Network Directory Company Guide May 2017
- Allianz Expands Tuition Protection Offerings To Colleges And Universities
- Fewer Americans Are Considering Travel To Cuba
- Cigna Reports Strong First Quarter 2017 Results
- Anthem Files Petition For A Writ Of Certiorari With The U.S. Supreme Court Regarding Acquisition Of Cigna
- Global Air Freight Demand Increases 14% March 2017