CEGA Accredited For Services Carried Out On Behalf Of Insurers
- Written by iPMI Magazine
- font size decrease font size increase font size
CEGA has been awarded a prestigious industry accolade for the worldwide patient transfer services it carries out on behalf of travel, personal accident and health insurers.
The global assistance, claims and risk management provider has become the first company in Europe to gain the Commercial Aviation Medical Escort Accreditation from EURAMI* as a standalone accolade.
"The very positive thing about CEGA is that it is a complete patient management provider, from first call, to case handling abroad, to bringing the patient back home," said the EURAMI report. It went on to say: "CEGA has a huge operations department that handles all medical cases, supports ongoing repatriations and tracks all flights. But it also has a safety department that works on daily threats all over the world: natural disasters, attacks, accidents and so on that may influence insured members or their own operations."
The provider underwent a full day's inspection and rigorous testing of its global patient transfer capabilities to achieve the accreditation: subjecting (amongst other areas) its business processes, operations personnel and safety, quality and medical management to close scrutiny. According to EURAMI, its quality management and safety regulations surpass those required by the accolade.
"This accreditation recognises CEGA's global expertise in end-to-end patient transfers, gained over its 40 years of service," concludes CEGA's Chief Medical Officer, Dr Tim Hammond. "It further reassures our clients that, day in, day out, we put patients in the most capable of hands - wherever they are in the world."
*The European Air Medical Institute. EURAMI's mission is to promote high quality aeromedical transfers throughout Europe and the world.
- FAI Named Finalist For Seventh Time In ITIJ Air Ambulance Company Of Year Awards
- HCA Healthcare UK Launches Rapid Response Referral Service With The HCA UK Concierge Centre
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Jody Baker, Chief Executive Officer, Charles Taylor Assistance
- BBC To Highlight Insurance Fraud With Charles Taylor Fraud Specialists
- Digital Risk Management Solutions In A Global Pandemic
- Travel Anxiety: Looking To The Future
- Air Alliance Joins International Assistance Group As Accredited Service Provider
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Jody Baker, Commercial Director, Charles Taylor Assistance
- Driving Innovation In The Travel Insurance Sector With The Travel Health Calculator
- Charles Taylor Assistance Adds Significant Expertise To In-House Medical Team
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Eithan Wolf, CEO, PassportCard Germany
- HCI Group Launches New Modular iPMI Plan, NIMBL Health
- APRIL International Maintains Top IPMI Service Rating For 2nd Consecutive Year
- Allianz Partners Continues Growth Trajectory Driven By Travel Rebound
- Allianz Partners Enhances Health Business With New Appointments