Healix are delighted to announce that for the second consecutive race, they have been appointed as the in-port medical assistance provider for the Clipper Round the World Yacht Race.
The Clipper Round the World Race is the one of the longest and the biggest race of its kind, covering over 40,000 nautical miles in an eleven month long contest. Including six ocean crossings and visiting six continents, the race is divided over eight legs and entrants can choose to complete the full circumnavigation or select individual legs.
With no previous sailing experience necessary, entrants are required to complete a rigorous training course to prepare them for the challenge. Over 700 people from all walks of life are taking part in the 2017-18 edition of the race – the only one of its kind in the world where the organisers supply a fleet of twelve identical racing yachts, each with a fully qualified skipper to safely guide the crew.
Healix International will be on hand throughout the race to provide medical assistance for any crew members taken ill or needing specialist treatment. Healix have set up a dedicated 24 hour helpline for the exclusive use of Clipper Race crew and will look after them when they are in port; organising medical appointments, arranging treatment, settling medical bills and commenting on fitness to return to the race. They will also organise repatriation of anyone who is not fit to continue.
“Our vast experience of international medical case management and emergency medical assistance, along with our extensive global network of providers, means that we are perfectly placed to ensure fast and efficient treatment at any stop during the Clipper Race. No crew member is going to want to miss out on the race so we appreciate how important it is to get them rapid treatment but also to ensure that they are medically fit to continue.” explained Marise Caunter, Operations Director at Healix International.
Starting in Liverpool, UK on Sunday 20th August, the course sets out an enthralling mix of sailing conditions and challenges, ranging from furious storms to tropical cyclones.
The first stop will be in Uruguay. Crews will sail their boats in a 4-hour-on-4-hour-off shift pattern for around 33 days in tough conditions before they first make port, stretching them to their physical limits. The race will then take in stops at South Africa, Australia, Tasmania, China, USA and Ireland before returning to Liverpool.
For all ports along their journey, Healix have harnessed their wealth of practical experience to provide the Clipper Race with in-depth reports consisting of a location summary, a list of local medical centres of excellence, and a clear procedure that should be followed if a crew member needs medical assistance or advice.
The Clipper Race Viewer will be in operation for the whole race and will update the position of each yacht on the route once an hour.
From everyone at Healix to all taking part, good luck!
Healix International is a global leader in travel risk management and international medical, security and travel assistance services. Working on behalf of multinational corporations, governments, NGOs and insurers, they are entrusted to look after the welfare of millions of expatriates, travellers and local nationals in every country of the world, 24 hours a day.
- ROUND TABLE: International Medical Cost Containment Strategies 2021
- Vaccine Passports: Balancing The Benefits Against The Risks
- The 6 Big Risks For 2021
- Healix Sentinel Enables Businesses To Get People Moving Again
- 'COVID Travel Safe' Online Tool Set To Help Employers Resume Business Critical Travel Safely
- The Post Pandemic Reality - How Businesses Can Prepare For Re-Opening Of Their Organisations
- COVID-19 And Its Impact On The Middle East And North Africa (MENA) Region
- International Risk Business Conducts Flu Jab Campaign For Employees
- White Paper Outlines 'Best Practice' For International Scholastic Travel
- The Rugby World Cup 2019 – A Corporate Travel Conundrum
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- Remote Medical International Partners With New Frontier Group For US Cost Containment And Telemedicine
- easyJet Partners With Collinson To Provide Passengers With COVID-19 Cover
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory May 2021
- Zurich Offers Free Mental Health Education To All UK Corporations
- The Instrumental Role Of Telemedicine During And After The Pandemic