With the increasing demand to have non-emergency medical consultations dealt with promptly for international clients, the International Assistance Group (IAG), has appointed DoctorCall as an Accredited Service Provider for the UK.
Seeing 10,000 patients a year, 40% of which are foreign nationals, DoctorCall is the longest and leading provider of private home visiting medical services for international visitors to the UK with its staff of 30 physicians.
Founded in 1989 as a private home call physician service solely in London, DoctorCall now includes an assistance department to help find those services around the UK, 24/7 telemedicine consultations plus their own clinics based in London’s financial business district and West End as well as Manchester. In the last two years their acquisitions have included: SOS Doctors, Night Doctor and the Dr Dorothy Kelly & Associates clinic.
DoctorCall serves assistance companies from around the world, each with differing cultural needs, such as The United States, Canada, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, China, Japan, Spain, France, Germany, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, India, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Russia, and Ukraine.
“We are delighted to have DoctorCall as an Accredited Service Provider providing this level and scope of quality service to all our Partners in our global alliance,” said International Assistance Group’s General Manager, Cecile Hermetz. “Whilst this will be of immediate benefit we need to be mindful that the future acceptance of the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) is still unknown after the UK’s exit from the EU in March 2019. The existing challenge of receiving non-emergency treatment in the UK will potentially increase and it is important to have solid options,” she added.
With a 90-minute call-out time in the Greater London area, DoctorCall has prided itself on offering the comfort of convenient treatment in privacy and at a fixed cost. Now, immediate 24/7 telephone consultations with a physician will enable the patient to be directed to a local practice elsewhere in the UK if necessary.
DoctorCall’s CEO Dr. Charles Levinson, expands on the demand services outside the public sector: “Strains on the public sector and demands from international clients signal an increasing need for our services. Having been established for a long period of time and with an eye on innovation in delivery, we have, and will continue, to meet those needs. We are proud to have attained Accredited Service Provider status within the International Assistance Group.”
- iPMI Magazine Protects Business During COVID-19
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory May 2020
- A Video Message from Gitte Bach, CEO and President, New Frontier Group
- PassportCard Launches International Health Insurance In Germany
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory April 2020
- Managing International Medical Risks During A Global Pandemic
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network e-Directory March 2020: iPMI - Assistance - Air Ambulance - Funeral Directors - Cost Containment - Claims Management + MORE
- Pacific Prime Dubai Receives Cigna’s Individual Broker Of The Year 2019 Award
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network e-Directory January 2020: iPMI - Assistance - Air Ambulance - Funeral Directors - Cost Containment - Claims Management + MORE
- New Frontier Group Signs New Agreement With International Assistance Group (IAG) For US Cost Containment
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- Allianz Care Reports Up To 235% Year-On-Year Increase In Applications For International Health Insurance Policies
- ACC Aviation Partners With Air Ambulance Systems Specialist AeroMedical
- Aetna International Announces Partnership With Leading Mental Well-Being App Wysa, As Part Of Enhanced Mental Well-Being Support For Members During COVID-19 Pandemic
- Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty And Allianz Care Introduce Digital Health Services To Singapore-Based Customers
- Johan Forsgård To Take New Nordics Leadership Role At Willis Towers Watson