With the increasing demand to have non-emergency medical consultations dealt with promptly for international clients, the International Assistance Group (IAG), has appointed DoctorCall as an Accredited Service Provider for the UK.
Seeing 10,000 patients a year, 40% of which are foreign nationals, DoctorCall is the longest and leading provider of private home visiting medical services for international visitors to the UK with its staff of 30 physicians.
Founded in 1989 as a private home call physician service solely in London, DoctorCall now includes an assistance department to help find those services around the UK, 24/7 telemedicine consultations plus their own clinics based in London’s financial business district and West End as well as Manchester. In the last two years their acquisitions have included: SOS Doctors, Night Doctor and the Dr Dorothy Kelly & Associates clinic.
DoctorCall serves assistance companies from around the world, each with differing cultural needs, such as The United States, Canada, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, China, Japan, Spain, France, Germany, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, India, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Russia, and Ukraine.
“We are delighted to have DoctorCall as an Accredited Service Provider providing this level and scope of quality service to all our Partners in our global alliance,” said International Assistance Group’s General Manager, Cecile Hermetz. “Whilst this will be of immediate benefit we need to be mindful that the future acceptance of the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) is still unknown after the UK’s exit from the EU in March 2019. The existing challenge of receiving non-emergency treatment in the UK will potentially increase and it is important to have solid options,” she added.
With a 90-minute call-out time in the Greater London area, DoctorCall has prided itself on offering the comfort of convenient treatment in privacy and at a fixed cost. Now, immediate 24/7 telephone consultations with a physician will enable the patient to be directed to a local practice elsewhere in the UK if necessary.
DoctorCall’s CEO Dr. Charles Levinson, expands on the demand services outside the public sector: “Strains on the public sector and demands from international clients signal an increasing need for our services. Having been established for a long period of time and with an eye on innovation in delivery, we have, and will continue, to meet those needs. We are proud to have attained Accredited Service Provider status within the International Assistance Group.”
- Integra Global Announces New Partnership For Telehealth Services In UAE
- FOCUS ON FRAUD: iPMI Magazine Speaks With Simon Cook, Head Of Technical Claims, CEGA Group, A Charles Taylor Company
- 3 Exclusive Summer Offers From iPMI Magazine
- International Assistance Group Supervisory Board: New Chairman, New Members
- Sheldon Kenton Appointed President And CEO Of IPMI Leader GeoBlue
- International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI) Policy Designed To Meet The Needs Of Expatriates Living In France Pre And Post BREXIT
- Chinese Travel Expansion: International Assistance Group Welcomes HealthLink As Core Partner
- Save 25% When You Join iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory - Black Friday Sale Starts Now
- International Assistance Group Strengthens Quality With External Accreditation
- Healix International wins at EMEA Expatriate Management & Mobility Awards
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- CEGA Makes Senior Medical Appointment For New Spanish Office
- Horwich Farrelly And LV= Strike Further Blow To Fraudulent Claims Boss Who Is Jailed For Six Months
- First Stop Health Delivers Best Practices for High ROI Telemedicine
- Transactional Risk Insurance Use By Investors Reached Record Levels In 2018
- Collinson Enhances Global Medical Assistance Team With Key Appointments