Adding a significant layer of service to its partner companies, International Assistance Group (IAG) has appointed Eutelmed as a global Accredited Service Provider to offer psychological support in crisis situations ranging from family issues to large scale tragic events.
Pioneer in cross-border telemedicine since 2010, Eutelmed is a leading international healthcare provider for expatriates. Eutelmed provides a telemedicine approach covering 30 languages and cultures across all continents of the globe. The company is staffed by clinical psychologists and psychiatrists, speech therapists, general practitioners and dermatologists. This is supported by 150 clinical healthcare professionals globally who can be called upon to manage cases locally and on a 1-2-1 basis where necessary.20 000 users are seen each year, 95% of which are foreign nationals, in Africa, North, Central and South America, Asia, Europe, Indian Ocean, Middle East, Oceania, and the Pacific.
With expertise in training, prevention and crisis management, Eutelmed’s client base includes major global corporate entities as well as health and insurers. Apart from dealing with family issues in areas such as stress, anxiety, depression, suicide, bereavement and addictions, they have been involved with major crisis response including the recent terrorist attacks in France involving many nationalities, as well as the deployment of 20 psychologists to a major incident in 2015 where 106 expatriates from 20 nationalities who were later evacuated.
“The needs of travellers and expatriates now demands a more holistic approach to wellbeing rather than merely concentrating on clinical treatment. The challenge often rests in cultural differences,” said International Assistance Group’s General Manager, Cécile Hermetz.
“Sadly, we are also seeing an increase in tragic large-scale events where victims extend beyond those that require emergency medical treatment and where counselling and psychological support is very much needed,” Ms. Hermetz added.
Eutelmed’s E-Health Director, Dr. Bernard Astruc stated, “Eutelmed’s focus is to help people where there are challenges posed by language or culture. Our capabilities are tested and proven, and we are delighted that International Assistance Group has appointed us to serve their alliance of assistance Partners across the globe.”
- Chinese Travel Expansion: International Assistance Group Welcomes HealthLink As Core Partner
- International Assistance Group Strengthens Quality With External Accreditation
- Expanding UK Based DoctorCall Becomes An International Assistance Group Accredited Service Provider
- Leading Air Ambulance Provider In France Joins International Assistance Group
- International Assistance Group And Ace Air & Ambulance New Partnership Guarantees Emergency Medical Care In Zimbabwe
- International Assistance Group Announces Assistance Solution For Travelers To Indonesia
- International Assistance Group Appoints Michael Marquardt As Chairman Of Its Supervisory Board
- International Assistance Group: Rebuilding The Future For Nepalese Schoolchildren
- Apollo Hospitals Group, The Leading Healthcare Provider In India, Has Been Accredited As Preferred Provider Of International Assistance Group
- AirCARE1 International Becomes Preferred Air Ambulance Provider For International Assistance Group (IAG)
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- Air Freight Demand Flat In November 2018
- Solid But Moderating Passenger Demand In November
- Current Flights Protected, But Future Growth At Risk From No Deal Brexit
- Challenging Buying Conditions For Insurance In 2019 With Key Underwriters Ceasing To Write Certain Classes
- Bupa Cromwell Hospital Opens New Paediatric Outpatient Department