Tim Crockett, Security VP for the US arm of Healix International is well over half-way through his gruelling solo row across the Atlantic and the hard work is paying off, as he’s currently in second place amongst the solo rowers on The Talisker Whisky Atlantic Challenge.
Tim tweaked his knee on the second night of the epic row, but hasn’t let that stop him. The Healix International team of doctors and nurses remains on hand throughout, but so far Tim has fought through pain and fatigue in his battle against the Atlantic and the mental challenges of the solo row.
Tim celebrated Christmas Day out on the open water in his boat Tame the Kraken, as well as celebrating his 48th birthday at sea, on New Year’s Day. Despite battling against east and south-easterly winds, Tim currently sits in second place in the solo division of the race and in 24th overall. He has rowed over 1,760 nautical miles to date, spending over 960 hours at sea.
Healix International CEO, Mike Webb, said, “Tim is wowing us all with his resilience. This is a physically and psychologically gruelling event and Tim continues to battle against every adversity, including the tweak to his knee that he’s been dealing with since day two.
“Healix International’s team of doctors, nurses and fellow security experts are available via satellite communications, offering him the advice he needs to keep up the pace and reserve energy. He could have called on assistance for his knee, but so far he’s gritted his teeth and just rowed his way into second place.”
Known as the world’s toughest rowing race, The Talisker Whisky Atlantic Challenge started in the Canaries at the beginning of December. Tim is one of just five rowers taking on the challenge solo. In total there are 28 boats crossing the 2,558 nautical miles. Depending on the weather, Tim is currently expected to arrive in Antigua on 9th February, giving him a race time of 57.
“Tim is rowing to raise awareness and funds for veterans coping with mental health issues, such as PTSD”, added Mike Webb. “As a veteran himself, it’s an issue close to his heart and we are proud to support him in shining a light on the difficulties that veterans face, often as a result of traumas experienced in the line of duty. We look forward to welcoming Tim home and supporting him every nautical mile of his Atlantic row.”
To sponsor Tim, visit his website: www.tamethekraken.org
- Counter Terrorism Risks: Post Room Vigilance
- HX Global - US Division Of Healix International Appoints Tim Crockett As Senior Vice President US Business Operations
- Insight Into The Myriad Of Risks Challenging Personnel Security In 2019
- Healix International Identifies The Big Health Risks For Workers Travelling Across The Globe In 2019
- EASING THE CULTURE SHOCK IN OVERSEAS PLACEMENT: Pre-Posting Medical Assessments Vital To Reduce The Risk Of Mental Health Issues
- Workers Travelling To US Should Be Aware Of E.Coli Outbreak Caused By Romaine Lettuce
- Healix To Provide Medical Assistance For Crews Of The Clipper 2017-18 Round The World Yacht Race
- Discover The Best Practices In Travel Risk Management
- Tim Crockett Joins HX Global As VP Of Security
- Punter Southall Health & Protection Launches Expatriate Benefit Solutions