Healix International, the global travel risk management and international medical and security assistance provider, has signed up to the United Nations Global Compact (UNGC); a voluntary commitment from businesses to act in an environmentally and socially responsible way. The largest initiative of its type, 9,933 companies across 160 countries have joined so far, since it was announced by Kofi Annan in 1999.
Healix International’s decision to sign up for the UNGC demonstrates the company’s commitment to operating in an ethical manner.
Companies signing up to the UNGC are committing to taking a principles-based approach to doing business. The 10 principles of the UNGC are derived from the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and other global programmes and strategies to create a framework that expects businesses to operate in ways that meet fundamental responsibilities, in terms of human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption.
Healix International CEO, Mike Webb, said: “This is an opportunity for Healix International to continue to enhance the way it does business by incorporating the 10 Principles of the UNGC into our policies, procedures and strategies. We are excited to align our business with these universal principles and will be submitting a yearly communication of our progress.
“Crucially, this commitment forms part of our focus on building a company culture based on integrity and recognising our responsibility to humanity and the planet as a whole. We firmly believe this is the best way to build a sustainable business focused on long-term success.”
- CEGA Expands Medical Team
- AIA Agrees Exclusive Asia-Pacific Regional Partnership With Medix
- Collinson Continues Medical Assistance Expansion With Aspen Medical Partnership
- Warning Against Fake Anti-Rabies Vaccine In The Philippines
- International SOS And Chinese Enterprise Association (SINGAPORE) Sign A Partnership Agreement
- Collinson Appoints New Global Medical Director
- Chinese Travel Expansion: International Assistance Group Welcomes HealthLink As Core Partner
- Global Assistance Partners Joins International Assistance Group In South Korea
- Immediate Access Needed to Save Lives in Famine-stricken Communities in South Sudan
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- Pacific Prime Accepts the 2019 Award for Elevating Customer Experience With Technology at the Allianz Broker Event in Dubai
- Affinity Insurance Markets: The Uk And Us Compared
- Healix International Raises Hong Kong Security Risk Rating To Moderate
- New Frontier Group Wins Cost Containment And Claims Management Company Of The Year At The 2019 ITIC Awards In Malta
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network e-Directory November 2019: iPMI - Assistance - Air Ambulance - Funeral Directors - Cost Containment - Claims Management + MORE