With the UK Government and health organisations urging eligible people to get a free flu vaccine[i] before winter really kicks in, global travel risk management and international medical and security assistance expert, Healix International, has taken the initiative to run its own free flu vaccination programme for all employees.
Over two thirds of staff have protected themselves against the virus, not only ensuring they stay well through the winter months, but also reducing the risk of employee absence for the business.
As part of its employee benefits health and wellbeing scheme, Healix ran an internal campaign encouraging staff to sign up for a free flu vaccination.
“The whole process was very easy to run” explained Kate Cleminson, Healix Group HR Director. “A local pharmacist administered the injections and also gave out important healthcare advice. As a result two thirds of staff have taken the important step to protect not only themselves, but potentially their colleagues, family and friends from flu this winter. Feedback from our staff about the programme has been very positive.”
One staff member added: “When I was given the option of having the flu jab for free, I immediately put my name down. Flu has some very unpleasant side effects and can really affect your health and I simply didn’t want to run the risk of catching it this year. It was very quick and easy to get myself protected – it only takes a few moments and the more people who are vaccinated, the less likely flu is to spread.”
As risk management specialists, Healix International believes risk management starts at home, so the health and wellbeing of the company’s staff is a priority.
“Our flu vaccination programme worked twofold”, added Mike Webb, CEO, Healix International. “Not only have we minimised the risk of the flu virus spreading through our workforce and hence more people being off sick, but we have helped our staff to stay fit and healthy. It is vital our staff are in good health both physically and mentally in order for them to successfully manage some of the stressful and challenging situations presented to them in their working day.”
As well as its flu jabs initiative, as part of its generous employee benefits package, Healix offers fully funded private healthcare to all staff through a healthcare trust, a virtual GP service and an EAP (Employee Assistance Programme). It also subsidises fitness classes and has a discounted gym membership scheme. Furthermore, it has shower and locker facilities and provides fresh fruit as well as arranging various wellbeing initiatives.
“The result is we have a healthy team, and fewer days off taken due to sickness,” concluded Mike Webb.
- White Paper Outlines 'Best Practice' For International Scholastic Travel
- Counter Terrorism Risks: Post Room Vigilance
- HX Global - US Division Of Healix International Appoints Tim Crockett As Senior Vice President US Business Operations
- Insight Into The Myriad Of Risks Challenging Personnel Security In 2019
- Security VP For Healix International In Second Place On Epic Row Across Atlantic For Veteran Mental Health
- Healix International Identifies The Big Health Risks For Workers Travelling Across The Globe In 2019
- Workers Travelling To US Should Be Aware Of E.Coli Outbreak Caused By Romaine Lettuce
- Healix To Provide Medical Assistance For Crews Of The Clipper 2017-18 Round The World Yacht Race
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Eithan Wolf, CEO, PassportCard Germany
- HCI Group Launches New Modular iPMI Plan, NIMBL Health
- APRIL International Maintains Top IPMI Service Rating For 2nd Consecutive Year
- Allianz Partners Continues Growth Trajectory Driven By Travel Rebound
- Allianz Partners Enhances Health Business With New Appointments