International (re)insurance broker UIB has launched a retail broking business in Colombia. The new company, UIB Seguros will be headed by CEO, Yolanda Guerra, reporting directly to Tony Dilley, CEO of parent company, UIB International.
Dilley commented, “Colombia is a stable country with a strong economy which has weathered the recent world recession extremely well and our business there continues to grow profitably. Colombia’s economy has outperformed other commodity based economies in the region.
“Broker licences in Colombia are singular; they are for either reinsurance or retail. While UIB Colombia, our existing reinsurance broking operation, has been established for twenty years our new retail venture UIB Seguros, will seek to handle the larger, public sector tendered business which is additionally anticipated to generate reinsurance placements opportunities”.
With over 24 years insurance industry experience with major firms including Allianz, AON, Seguros la Previsora and Helm (now Itau), Yolanda has also served as a Board member of ACOAS (Asociación Colombiana de Corredores de Seguros), Fasecolda (Federación de Aseguradores Colombianas), Colseguros and Segurexpo.
She added, “I am honoured to be given this opportunity to grow the successful UIB franchise here in Colombia and I am already recruiting new staff for UIB Seguros to service existing key clients and prospects”.
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- Charles Taylor Launches Digital Tool To Manage Employees' Back-To-Work And Back-To-Travel Risk Assessments
- Universal Air Evac Acquire And Implement A Portable Negative Pressure Isolation Unit
- The COVID-19 Challenge: Delivering International Health And Medical Services During A Pandemic
- Generali Involves Over 30 Thousand People With The Human Safety Net’s Programs
- ROCK Insurance Group Launches New COVID-19 Travel Insurance And Cancellation Products To Travel Trade