Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated has announced the appointment of Steven C. Van Wyk to its Board of Directors. He will begin his service as an independent director on February 1, 2019. The addition of Mr. Van Wyk increases the size of RGA’s Board of Directors to 12 members.
“Steve has an accomplished career leading IT operations at major financial services organizations and global companies,” said Anna Manning, President and Chief Executive Officer, RGA. “His proven experience in IT transformation, innovation and digital consumer engagement will serve the RGA board well as we seek to capitalize on the rapid advances in technology impacting the insurance industry.”
“The depth of Steve’s IT and operations experience will augment the board’s ability to advise and support business initiatives across the company,” said J. Cliff Eason, Chairman of the Board of Directors. “His aptitude for resolving complex issues, developing innovative solutions, and identifying cost improvements will provide great value to the board.”
With more than 30 years of IT and operations experience, Mr. Van Wyk has demonstrated leadership in structuring, building, and improving IT organizations. His diverse background includes senior positions in the financial services, energy, and manufacturing sectors as well as extensive international experience. Currently, he is Chief Information Officer and Head of Technology & Innovation at PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. (PNC) in Pittsburgh. Prior to PNC, Mr. Van Wyk was Global CIO for ING Groep N.V., a multinational banking and financial services corporation.
Mr. Van Wyk holds degrees in Business Management and Accounting from the University of Central Iowa. He is a Certified Public Accountant and a Certified Internal Auditor. In addition, Mr. Van Wyk also serves as Chairman of the Board for the Banking Industry Architecture Network (BIAN).
Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (RGA), a Fortune 500 company, is among the leading global providers of life reinsurance and financial solutions, with approximately $3.3 trillion of life reinsurance in force and assets of $63 billion as of September 30, 2018. Founded in 1973, RGA is recognized for its deep technical expertise in risk and capital management, innovative solutions, and commitment to serving its clients. With headquarters in St. Louis, Missouri and operations around the world, RGA delivers expert solutions in individual life reinsurance, individual living benefits reinsurance, group reinsurance, health reinsurance, facultative underwriting, product development, and financial solutions. To learn more about RGA and its businesses, visit the company’s website at www.rgare.com.
- Swiss Re Estimates Its Fourth Quarter 2018 Claims Burden From Large Natural Catastrophes At USD 1.0 Billion; Large Man-Made Losses Caused Additional USD 0.3 Billion Of Claims
- AM Best Affirms Credit Ratings Of Austral Resseguradora S.A. And Austral Seguradora S.A.
- Gunther Saacke To Step Down As CEO Of Qatar Re
- Stormy Currents Emerging For MENA Reinsurers
- Arch Reinsurance Ltd. Announces Formation of Arch Underwriters (Gulf) Limited
- Majority of Life Insurance Brokers, Carriers and Vendors Anticipate Innovation Will Streamline and Speed the Issuance of Life Insurance Policies
- Swiss Re Reports Strong Net Income Of $3.0 Billion For First 9 Months Of 2016
- Lloyd’s Application To Establish Onshore Reinsurance Branch In India Approved
- Now Health International/Best Doctors Insurance Group Announce A Worldwide, Multi-Year Reinsurance Partnership With Reinsurance Group Of America Incorporated
- Admin Re® To Buy Guardian Financial Services For GBP 1.6 Billion
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- AIA Agrees Exclusive Asia-Pacific Regional Partnership With Medix
- Broadstone Group Enters IPMI Market With Acquisition Of Specialist IPMI and Employee Benefits Firm
- AnaCap Acquires Independent Danish Private Health Insurance Business
- Collinson Continues Medical Assistance Expansion With Aspen Medical Partnership
- Ending Out-of-Country Medical Insurance Too Quickly May Put Ontario Consumers at Risk