Anthem Blue Cross (Anthem) is taking action to help people affected by the ongoing wildfires in Ventura and Los Angeles counties by revising medical and pharmacy guidelines which will help ensure members can continue care and access needed prescription medications.
For impacted members, Anthem is:
- Relaxing time limits for prior authorization, pre-certification and referral requirements – there will be no late penalties.
- Suspending early refill limits for prescriptions.
- Allowing replacement of medical equipment or supplies.
- Extending filing deadlines for claims.
These medical and pharmacy guidelines are effective from December 5, 2017 until January 5, 2018, unless further extended.
These relaxed medical and pharmacy guidelines do not apply to Federal Employees Health Benefits Program members, as those programs have specific guidelines.
For additional questions, members should call the phone number on the back of their membership card as associates are standing by to help.
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- ROCK Insurance Group Launches New COVID-19 Travel Insurance And Cancellation Products To Travel Trade
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory July 2020
- Bupa To Increase Stake In Bupa Arabia To 43.25%
- May Passenger Demand Shows Slight Improvement
- AMII Initiative Leads To Landmark Agreement For Electronic Transfer Of Underwriting