Anthem Blue Cross (Anthem) is taking action to help people affected by the ongoing wildfires in Ventura and Los Angeles counties by revising medical and pharmacy guidelines which will help ensure members can continue care and access needed prescription medications.
For impacted members, Anthem is:
- Relaxing time limits for prior authorization, pre-certification and referral requirements – there will be no late penalties.
- Suspending early refill limits for prescriptions.
- Allowing replacement of medical equipment or supplies.
- Extending filing deadlines for claims.
These medical and pharmacy guidelines are effective from December 5, 2017 until January 5, 2018, unless further extended.
These relaxed medical and pharmacy guidelines do not apply to Federal Employees Health Benefits Program members, as those programs have specific guidelines.
For additional questions, members should call the phone number on the back of their membership card as associates are standing by to help.
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- Air Freight Demand Flat In November 2018
- Solid But Moderating Passenger Demand In November
- Current Flights Protected, But Future Growth At Risk From No Deal Brexit
- Challenging Buying Conditions For Insurance In 2019 With Key Underwriters Ceasing To Write Certain Classes
- Bupa Cromwell Hospital Opens New Paediatric Outpatient Department