WikiTrend.org, the social trends catalogue for trendsetting ideas, products and experiences, is reporting a growing trend in travel and tourism in looking to attract families in general, and wealthy families in particular. Family travel is growing, but high-earning families are traveling even more, and their spending is increasingly attractive to travel providers.
State and city Convention and Visitor Bureaus (CVBs) are reporting a rise in destination family reunions, which guarantees a large number of people traveling to the same location on any given date. Meanwhile, airlines and hotels are competing for the privilege of pampering families seeking luxury travel experiences. Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, is now offering on-board nannies to watch and entertain children in-flight.
The Trump SoHo, an upscale hotel in New York City, is offering children under the age of 17 the opportunity to live like young entrepreneurs, equipping them with business cards, monogramed robes, and etiquette classes.
The Mark, another New York City hotel offers branded MacLaren baby strollers designed in the hotel's signature black and white stripes for high rollers with tots in tow. The sell to guests is that they can leave their strollers at home, and not have to lug this unwieldy piece of equipment. Instead, they have full use of the hotel's very chic strollers for the entire length of their stay.
"As people look towards family travel to fulfill their need for meaningful experiences, the competition for this business will heat up even further," says trends expert and keynote speaker Daniel Levine, who is also the Global Editor of WikiTrend.org, "With an increasing number of wealthy families looking to share experiences, travel stakeholders are becoming ever more innovative in making high-end travel more appealing for kids and parents alike."
Updated daily, WikiTrend.org is the home of trendsetting ideas, products and experiences for fun, insight, inspiration and profit. For thinkers, entrepreneurs, innovators and marketers, WikiTrend.org is a fantastic resource offering powerful insight into what global consumers are thinking and feeling. Find them on the Web at www.WikiTrend.org.
- Travel Insurance Saving Tips For Pre-Existing Medical Conditions
- Poll Reveals Nearly Half Of People With Pre-Existing Medical Conditions Travel Without Adequate Travel Insurance
- Generali Global Assistance Acquires Travel Insurance Provider Trip Mate From Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
- Zurich Canada Launches New Zurich Travel Insurance For Canadians Travelling Abroad
- Sheldon Kenton Appointed President And CEO Of IPMI Leader GeoBlue
- International Tourist Arrivals Reach 1.4 Billion
- International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI) Policy Designed To Meet The Needs Of Expatriates Living In France Pre And Post BREXIT
- Real-Life Scenarios Prepare CEGA Staff For Winter Sports Travel Insurance Claims
- 2.5 Million Brits Have Taken To The Slopes Without Ever Having Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Europe The Number 1 Destination People Wish To Visit In 2019
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- Measles Continues To Be A Threat To Workers Travelling Abroad
- Brits Want To Move To Europe Despite Brexit
- Protecting Field Workers During Emergency Response Programmes
- New UK Insurance Advisor In ‘Prime’ Position With AMII Membership
- Teladoc Health To Expand Global Reach With Acquisition of MédecinDirect