The International Air Transport Association (IATA) expressed outrage at the attacks in Brussels and offered its sympathies to the victims and their families and friends.
“Innocent people have been senselessly murdered in an attack on our humanity. Our thoughts are with the victims, and their families and friends,” said Tony Tyler, IATA’s Director General and CEO.
The immediate priority is to help the injured, comfort the bereaved, and find the perpetrators. “Questions of airport security will surely arise. The safety and security of our passengers and employees is always top priority. The aviation industry will continue to work closely with governments as they fulfill their responsibility to protect their citizens from evil acts with well-thought-out and coordinated measures,” said Tyler.
“Aviation is a force for good. It brings the world together and fosters greater understanding of people and cultures. Those who commit terrorist acts know and fear this, and it is why air travel is so often a target. But terrorists will never succeed in destroying the fundamental urge and right of people to travel, explore and learn about the world. We stand united with the people of Brussels, where many of our own team live and work,” Tyler added.
- Passenger Demand Plunges on COVID-19 Travel Restrictions
- Middle East And Africa Airlines Revenue Losses Mount
- 25 Million Jobs At Risk With Airline Shutdown
- Asia-Pacific States Urgently Need To Support Their Airline Industry
- Financial Impact Analysis Of The Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Public Health Emergency On The Global Air Transport Industry
- Passenger Demand Stays Solid But The Trend Has Slowed
- 3 Recommendations To Boost The Benefits Of Aviation In France
- Air Freight Demand Flat In November 2018
- Solid But Moderating Passenger Demand In November
- Transforming the Passenger Journey
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- Allianz Care Reports Up To 235% Year-On-Year Increase In Applications For International Health Insurance Policies
- ACC Aviation Partners With Air Ambulance Systems Specialist AeroMedical
- Aetna International Announces Partnership With Leading Mental Well-Being App Wysa, As Part Of Enhanced Mental Well-Being Support For Members During COVID-19 Pandemic
- Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty And Allianz Care Introduce Digital Health Services To Singapore-Based Customers
- Johan Forsgård To Take New Nordics Leadership Role At Willis Towers Watson