The International Air Transport Association (IATA) expressed outrage at the attacks in Brussels and offered its sympathies to the victims and their families and friends.
“Innocent people have been senselessly murdered in an attack on our humanity. Our thoughts are with the victims, and their families and friends,” said Tony Tyler, IATA’s Director General and CEO.
The immediate priority is to help the injured, comfort the bereaved, and find the perpetrators. “Questions of airport security will surely arise. The safety and security of our passengers and employees is always top priority. The aviation industry will continue to work closely with governments as they fulfill their responsibility to protect their citizens from evil acts with well-thought-out and coordinated measures,” said Tyler.
“Aviation is a force for good. It brings the world together and fosters greater understanding of people and cultures. Those who commit terrorist acts know and fear this, and it is why air travel is so often a target. But terrorists will never succeed in destroying the fundamental urge and right of people to travel, explore and learn about the world. We stand united with the people of Brussels, where many of our own team live and work,” Tyler added.
- Passenger Demand Stays Solid But The Trend Has Slowed
- 3 Recommendations To Boost The Benefits Of Aviation In France
- Air Freight Demand Flat In November 2018
- Solid But Moderating Passenger Demand In November
- Transforming the Passenger Journey
- IATA And Organization For Security And Cooperation In Europe (OSCE) Secretariat Sign Mou To Enhance Aviation And Border Security
- VIDEO: Passenger Demand To Double Over 20 Years
- July Passenger Demand Shows Resilience
- Air Freight Makes Solid Start To 2016
- Strong Passenger Demand Continues into 2016
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- Costa Fortune – Every 3 Minutes A UK Traveller Now Needs Emergency Medical Treatment Abroad, As The Medical Treatment Bill Hits An 8 Year High
- How Safe Is It To Visit Hong Kong?
- Now Health International Bolsters Senior Leadership Team With Strategic Hire
- Latest ABI Analysis Underlines Importance Of Preparing For Business Travel Risks
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Janette Hiscock, CEO Of Global Solutions Europe, United Healthcare Global