There’s no question that international travel is an important component of education. But there is also an acknowledgement that travel involving young people brings a unique set of risks, which are today being addressed at the Education Without Borders Conference in London.
Providing school bursars, head teachers and ‘designated safeguarding leads’ with valuable insight into how to mitigate against these risks, global travel risk management and international medical and security assistance experts, Healix International, has published a new white paper.
‘Duty of Care and Travel Risk Management Best Practice for Schools’ looks at the duty of care risks facing schools sending pupils abroad, as well as outlining 10 Duty of Care best practices. As
Marnix van Gelderen, Security Consultant – Special Risks at Healix International explains, this is designed to give those involved in international school travel with valuable insight to effectively manage risk.
The white paper also looks at the role technology plays in helping educational institutions support students and faculty members. Harnessing web-based solutions allows colleges and universities to communicate with travelling faculty and student members, both day-to-day and during critical incidents. However, the white paper also emphasises the importance of the human element in managing risk and the value of having access to professional support in a crisis.
“Education organisations need to be aware of the changing risk landscape and what that means for their students and accompanying staff” concluded Marnix van Gelderen. “And our white paper highlights the Best Practice steps that they can apply to give their staff and students the support they need.”
- International Risk Business Conducts Flu Jab Campaign For Employees
- Counter Terrorism Risks: Post Room Vigilance
- HX Global - US Division Of Healix International Appoints Tim Crockett As Senior Vice President US Business Operations
- Insight Into The Myriad Of Risks Challenging Personnel Security In 2019
- Security VP For Healix International In Second Place On Epic Row Across Atlantic For Veteran Mental Health
- Healix International Identifies The Big Health Risks For Workers Travelling Across The Globe In 2019
- Workers Travelling To US Should Be Aware Of E.Coli Outbreak Caused By Romaine Lettuce
- Healix To Provide Medical Assistance For Crews Of The Clipper 2017-18 Round The World Yacht Race
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- Charles Taylor Launches Digital Tool To Manage Employees' Back-To-Work And Back-To-Travel Risk Assessments
- Universal Air Evac Acquire And Implement A Portable Negative Pressure Isolation Unit
- The COVID-19 Challenge: Delivering International Health And Medical Services During A Pandemic
- Generali Involves Over 30 Thousand People With The Human Safety Net’s Programs
- ROCK Insurance Group Launches New COVID-19 Travel Insurance And Cancellation Products To Travel Trade