- Basic return flight guarantee for all customers on European routes
- Classic and Flex tariffs are expanded to include an “all-round carefree package” in cooperation with insurer AXA Partners
- Flex tariffs now with "Bring me Home Now" option including booking guarantee and free rebooking
- Services are expanded free of charge
Return flight guarantee for all customers
In addition to flexible rebooking options, Lufthansa, SWISS and Austrian Airlines offer their passengers a basic return flight guarantee on all European routes and thus additional security. The return flight guarantee applies to all customers regardless of the fare booked. You will be brought back to Germany, Austria or Switzerland with the airlines of the Lufthansa Group - if necessary also by special flight.
All-round carefree package for Economy Classic and Business Saver tariffs
In addition, the Economy Classic and Business Saver tariffs on European routes are being expanded in cooperation with AXA Partners with additional attractive guarantee components to form an "all-round carefree package". If, for example, travelers are not allowed to enter the destination due to increased temperature, or if a quarantine is required at the destination after a corona virus test, the insurance covers the costs of the quarantine or medical return transport. In cooperation with AXA, the tariff also offers the opportunity to take medical advice over the phone and speak to a German-speaking doctor via video call. Additional hotel costs are also borne by a possible quarantine or transport costs if the return flight is, for example, from another airport in the holiday destination.
Fastest possible return for Economy Flex and Business Flex tariffs
Finally, the Economy and Business Flex tariffs on European routes are expanded with the "Bring me Home Now" option. Customers of Lufthansa, SWISS and Austrian Airlines are guaranteed to be flown home with the airlines of the Lufthansa Group as quickly as possible. On request, they will be transported on the next bookable Lufthansa Group flight and brought back to Germany, Austria or Switzerland. The rebooking to an earlier return flight is always free of charge. There are no rebooking fees or a tariff difference.
"We have spoken to many customers in the past few weeks in order to better understand the needs but also concerns about traveling in the times of Corona," said Christina Foerster, Board Member Customer & Corporate Responsibility. "With this new and previously unique offer, we want to help our guests to spend their summer vacation in Europe as carefree as possible."
The tariff extensions in the tariffs mentioned will be available on June 25 and until the end of August in the home markets of the Lufthansa Group, Germany, Austria and Switzerland via the direct sales channels. All trips with a return flight date until the end of January 2021 are covered. The tariffs are not more expensive, but are extended to include the services mentioned above free of charge for customers.
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- COVID-19 Accelerates Insurance Digitalization To Meet Customer Demand: World InsurTech Report 2020
- UK Economy Loses £32m Every Day As Result Of No Airbridge With The US
- Quarantine Measures Hampering The Restart Of Aviation In Africa And The Middle East
- IATA Comment On Studies Regarding Onboard Transmission of COVID-19
- Bupa Announces Evelyn Bourke Is Retiring As Group CEO And Appoints Iñaki Ereño from 1 January 2021