The UAE Cabinet has adopted a decision to amend provisions of the resolution on sponsoring of foreign workers to their families in the country.
According to a statement by the General Secretariat of the Cabinet, the amended provisions now indicate "income" as a requirement for sponsoring family members, as opposed to the previously listed "professions" which allowed workers to sponsor their families. The amendment is in line with international developments and accordance with best practices, it added.
"The decision aims at enhancing family stability of foreign workers and social cohesion, as well as attracting highly skilled workers while maintaining a healthy balance between professional and personal life," the statement continued.
The Cabinet decision, the statement explained, called on relevant government entities to conduct studies to assess and enhance the services provided to residents, including aspects of education and health, and encourage the active participation of their family member in the job market as an alternative to recruiting new workers from abroad, within the existing policies and regulations.
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- Dr. Neil Crooks Appointed As New UK Medical Director At Air Alliance
- UnitedHealthcare Named Top 100 Most Valuable Global Brand
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory August 2020
- Airlines & Airports Issue Stark Warning To European PMs On Inconsistent Approach To Travel Restrictions
- APRIL International Care Announces Raft Of Enhancements To International Health Insurance Range MyHEALTH Singapore