This is a result of a partnership between the Dubai Health Authority and the General Doctorate of Residency and Foreign Affairs – Dubai, which aims to ensure the provision of health insurance to all residence in the Emirate of Dubai.
Dr Haidar Al Yousef, Director of Health Funding Department at DHA said on the sidelines of Arab Health, that once the residents receive their insurance and the insurance company enters their details in the authority’s system, the individual or the sponsors can complete his visa procedure electronically. He said in the first phase— which started on April 1, 2017— the electronic certificate was uploaded adding that this will continue for six months as a precautionary measure until the direct link will enhance the efficiency of the system and ensure insurance protection for all members of the community who have obtained residency from Dubai under the Dubai Health Insurance Law, Law No. 11 of 2013 issued by His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai.
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- Costa Fortune – Every 3 Minutes A UK Traveller Now Needs Emergency Medical Treatment Abroad, As The Medical Treatment Bill Hits An 8 Year High
- How Safe Is It To Visit Hong Kong?
- Now Health International Bolsters Senior Leadership Team With Strategic Hire
- Latest ABI Analysis Underlines Importance Of Preparing For Business Travel Risks
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Janette Hiscock, CEO Of Global Solutions Europe, United Healthcare Global