Bupa has opened its doors to a brand new health and dental clinic on Chancery Lane in Central London. Bupa has invested in a new centre to offer insurance and pay-as-you-go customers a range of services from everyday through to specialist care, all in one prestigious location.
The centre is equipped with the latest clinical technology across ten consultation rooms and three dental surgeries, Bupa has also invested in a new panoramic dental x-ray facility.
The clinic will provide customers with services and treatments including health assessments, physiotherapy, orthopaedic physician services, GP appointments and dental services including; general dentistry, emergency treatment and dental hygiene services.
Philippa Fieldhouse, General Manager, Bupa Health Services comments: “We’re investing in a new clinic to offer our customers a broader range of health and dental services in a more convenient location.
“This is a big step towards making high-quality healthcare accessible to more people. We look forward to welcoming new and existing customers into our new clinic.”
The opening of the Chancery Lane Health and Dental Centre replaces Bupa’s centre in Gough Square, behind Fleet Street, which is a short walk away. As well as being situated in the prominent location of Chancery Lane, it will boast brand new equipment and additional appointment rooms. The experienced team who work at Gough Square will move with the Centre to the new location.
Opening hours are:
Monday - 8.00am* – 6:00pm
Tuesday - 8.00am* – 6:00pm
Wednesday - 8.00am* – 6:00pm
Thursday - 8.00am* – 6:00pm
Friday - 8.15am – 6:00pm
*The Centre will be open earlier for health assessments Monday – Thursday (Monday and Thursday - 7.45am, Tuesday and Wednesday - 7.30am).
Services offered at the centre include:
Muscle, bone and joint treatment
The musculoskeletal team offers consultations, diagnosis and treatment for muscle, bone and joint conditions including injuries, arthritis and back or knee pain.
- Physiotherapy and run checks - Bupa’s physiotherapists typically provide treatments such as mobilisation, manual therapy, massage and acupuncture. With run checks, the physiotherapist investigates the patient’s flexibility, strength and core stability on a treadmill and devise an individual program to condition the patient’s body for running, whether they are taking their first steps as a runner or aiming for a new personal best.
- Musculoskeletal physicians - Patients can choose to see a physician to explore their treatment options – both non-surgical and surgical – before deciding on the treatment that’s right for them. Musculoskeletal physicians are doctors who are experts in their field, skilled in diagnosing and treating a range of muscle, joint and bone conditions from acute sprains and muscle tears to long standing joint problems, including arthritis. They use a combination of hands-on treatment, rehabilitation programmes and injections, and can refer patients for surgery if required.
The centre provides a wide range of dental care from check-ups to crowns, to cosmetic treatments such as teeth whitening and orthodontics, including fixed and discreet braces. Bupa dentists use some of the latest techniques and dental equipment, including digital X-rays that enable the dentist to diagnose problems immediately and intra-oral cameras that can help to improve patients’ understanding of any dental problems they may have.
Bupa’s range of health assessments can help patients understand their health and identify any future health risks. As well as a range of clinical tests, each health assessment includes time to speak to doctor about any health concerns, and practical advice on the test results, offering ways to become healthier and fitter.
Private GP appointments
Private GP appointments are available at the centre, and appointments will often be the same or next day. The central location and choice of appointment times make visiting the GP as convenient as possible for City workers and local residents.
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- Costa Fortune – Every 3 Minutes A UK Traveller Now Needs Emergency Medical Treatment Abroad, As The Medical Treatment Bill Hits An 8 Year High
- How Safe Is It To Visit Hong Kong?
- Now Health International Bolsters Senior Leadership Team With Strategic Hire
- Latest ABI Analysis Underlines Importance Of Preparing For Business Travel Risks
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Janette Hiscock, CEO Of Global Solutions Europe, United Healthcare Global