Bupa has rolled out three new diagnosis and treatment pathways for cardiology, breast and prostate cancer to provide a seamless, cost-effective, convenient customer journey across its health services business. The pathways are open to all insurance and self-pay customers.
These ensure that, if an irregularity is found during a health assessment or routine GP appointment, a customer can go through diagnostic testing within one of Bupa’s central London clinics, before being referred on to a consultant at the Bupa Cromwell Hospital or at a Bupa clinic, within a matter of hours if needed. Bupa will transfer all documentation internally, and a central team will book any required appointments. The new pathways have been designed to reduce customer admin and to create a more efficient route to diagnosis and treatment.
Sarah Melia, Clinics Director for Bupa Health Services said: “We are always working to improve our customers’ experience – and these new pathways are a great example of that. We are in the process of developing additional pathways, and will also be rolling out the existing services across all of our clinics across the UK in the coming months.
“One of our priorities is to make high-quality healthcare accessible to more people, which is why we’ve also made sure that self-pay options are available.”
Bupa designed the pilot pathway for prostate cancer earlier this year, together with internationally renowned consultant urologist, Professor Hashim Ahmed. The pathway includes a repeat PSA test, MRI/ultrasound, biopsy and further treatment.
If an abnormal PSA test result is detected during a GP appointment (either in a Bupa clinic or by another private GP) a customer can undergo repeat PSA blood testing either at a Bupa clinic or in the Cromwell Hospital, before speaking to a Consultant Urologist to discuss the results either in person or over the phone
The cardiology journey has been designed to help customers who have heart irregularities, which have been spotted during a Bupa health assessment or GP appointment. The journey starts with diagnostic testing at Bupa’s Basinghall or Canary Wharf Clinics (soon to be extended to the Bupa Cromwell Hospital) and continues with a consultation with a cardiologist to discuss the customer’s needs. If further investigation is required, customers can be referred onto the Cromwell Hospital for further consultation and treatment. Customers who have a Bupa health insurance policy will have access to Bupa’s cardiac support team throughout.
The breast cancer pathway ensures that any customers with symptoms, who have an appointment in a Bupa clinic can transfer to a see a specialist at the Cromwell. Here, they can see a consultant and have a mammography or ultrasound (if needed) in one visit, without having to wait or re-book for a further appointment.
The pathways are available in Bupa’s London Centres (West End, Chancery Lane, Austin Friars, Kings Cross and Canary Wharf and Basinghall). The pilot will be rolled out in further clinics across the country in the coming months.
Self-pay bundles start at £95 for the prostate cancer pathway, £150 for the breast cancer pathway and £385 for the cardiology pathway.
Find out more about the prostate cancer pathway here.
- Bupa To Increase Stake In Bupa Arabia To 43.25%
- Breast Cancer Risk To 6 Million Women Who Never Check For Cancer Signs
- Bupa Appoints Michael Hawker As A Non-Executive Director
- Bupa Completes Acquisition Of Turkey’s 2nd Largest Health Insurer
- Bupa Fined £175,000 For Systemic Data Protection Failures
- Bupa Appoints New Head Of SME Intermediary Development
- Bupa Appoints Caroline Silver As Board Director
- Bupa Announces Sale Of Part Of UK Care Home Business
- Bupa Announces New Leadership For Its Market Units In Australia And New Zealand And The UK
- Bupa Half Year Results 2016
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- Healthcare International (HCI) Announces Management Buyout Backed By Prefequity
- QHM (Quality Health Management) Partners With MORE Health To Offer Global Access To Medical Second Opinions
- Introducing: “VIP Booking Concierge” For Pre-Flight Covid-19 Testing In The Americas
- Global Excel Indonesia Launches Hospital Express Discharge Program
- FREE WEBINAR 18th June 2021: Transforming The Transaction In The International Private Medical Insurance Market