The November World Health Report from Healix International, the international medical and security experts, reveals that it’s not just more remote regions that present health risks.
The latest report highlights an on-going outbreak of an E. coli bacterial infection in the USA. Affecting 43 individuals from 12 states, 16 have needed to be hospitalised. As in previous outbreaks, the culprit has been found to be infected romaine lettuce - on this occasion from farms in California. So concerned is the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) that they have recently issued an advisory urging consumers and restaurateurs to throw out any romaine lettuce from certain growing regions of California, and all Romaine lettuce if it is unclear where it comes from.
Three outbreaks of E. Coli have occurred in the USA in the last 2 years, resulting in the deaths of 6 people. Last year’s outbreak, in Yuma, Arizona, was later identified to have been caused by a contaminated irrigation canal used to water the lettuces. The canal was found to run by a large animal feeding facility that provided effluent contaminated by E. Coli. Lettuce is particularly prone to bacterial infection that can be difficult to decontaminate effectively.
- International Risk Business Conducts Flu Jab Campaign For Employees
- White Paper Outlines 'Best Practice' For International Scholastic Travel
- Counter Terrorism Risks: Post Room Vigilance
- HX Global - US Division Of Healix International Appoints Tim Crockett As Senior Vice President US Business Operations
- Insight Into The Myriad Of Risks Challenging Personnel Security In 2019
- Security VP For Healix International In Second Place On Epic Row Across Atlantic For Veteran Mental Health
- Healix International Identifies The Big Health Risks For Workers Travelling Across The Globe In 2019
- Healix To Provide Medical Assistance For Crews Of The Clipper 2017-18 Round The World Yacht Race
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- AXA And Accor Launch Strategic Partnership To Offer Medical Assistance In Hotels Worldwide
- iPMI Magazine Protects Business During COVID-19
- Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance Launches Defense Base Act Coverage Globally Via Dedicated Team In Dubai
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory May 2020
- COVID-19: Air Alliance Launches Modern Isolation Transport Unit “EpiShuttle”