MetLife, Inc. (NYSE: MET) has announced its results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2019.
Second Quarter Results Summary
- Net income of $1.7 billion, or $1.77 per share, compared to net income of $845 million, or $0.83 per share, in the second quarter of 2018.
- Adjusted earnings of $1.3 billion, or $1.38 per share, compared to adjusted earnings of $1.3 billion, or $1.30 per share in the second quarter of 2018.
- Book value of $64.61 per share, up 29 percent from $50.28 per share at June 30, 2018.
- Book value, excluding accumulated other comprehensive income (AOCI) other than foreign currency translation adjustments (FCTA), of $47.09 per share, up 10 percent from $42.76 per share at June 30, 2018.
- Return on equity (ROE) of 11.6 percent.
- Adjusted ROE, excluding AOCI other than FCTA, of 12.1 percent.
“MetLife had another strong quarter driven by business growth, favorable underwriting and expense discipline. During the first half of 2019, we returned approximately $2 billion to shareholders through common stock repurchases and dividends,” said Michel Khalaf, president and CEO of MetLife, Inc. “Overall, our results highlight the strength of our diverse businesses and our focus on consistently executing for our customers and shareholders.”
Read the complete set of results online in PDF format, click here.
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- Charles Taylor Launches Digital Tool To Manage Employees' Back-To-Work And Back-To-Travel Risk Assessments
- Universal Air Evac Acquire And Implement A Portable Negative Pressure Isolation Unit
- The COVID-19 Challenge: Delivering International Health And Medical Services During A Pandemic
- Generali Involves Over 30 Thousand People With The Human Safety Net’s Programs
- ROCK Insurance Group Launches New COVID-19 Travel Insurance And Cancellation Products To Travel Trade