MetLife Announces 2nd Quarter 2019 Results
- Written by iPMI Magazine
- font size decrease font size increase font size
MetLife, Inc. (NYSE: MET) has announced its results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2019.
Second Quarter Results Summary
- Net income of $1.7 billion, or $1.77 per share, compared to net income of $845 million, or $0.83 per share, in the second quarter of 2018.
- Adjusted earnings of $1.3 billion, or $1.38 per share, compared to adjusted earnings of $1.3 billion, or $1.30 per share in the second quarter of 2018.
- Book value of $64.61 per share, up 29 percent from $50.28 per share at June 30, 2018.
- Book value, excluding accumulated other comprehensive income (AOCI) other than foreign currency translation adjustments (FCTA), of $47.09 per share, up 10 percent from $42.76 per share at June 30, 2018.
- Return on equity (ROE) of 11.6 percent.
- Adjusted ROE, excluding AOCI other than FCTA, of 12.1 percent.
“MetLife had another strong quarter driven by business growth, favorable underwriting and expense discipline. During the first half of 2019, we returned approximately $2 billion to shareholders through common stock repurchases and dividends,” said Michel Khalaf, president and CEO of MetLife, Inc. “Overall, our results highlight the strength of our diverse businesses and our focus on consistently executing for our customers and shareholders.”
Read the complete set of results online in PDF format, click here.
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Eithan Wolf, CEO, PassportCard Germany
- HCI Group Launches New Modular iPMI Plan, NIMBL Health
- APRIL International Maintains Top IPMI Service Rating For 2nd Consecutive Year
- Allianz Partners Continues Growth Trajectory Driven By Travel Rebound
- Allianz Partners Enhances Health Business With New Appointments