AXA has announced that it has completed the acquisition of a 7.15% stake in African Reinsurance Corporation (“Africa Re”), the leading reinsurance company in Africa1 , for a total consideration of USD 61 million (or Euro 54 million2 ).
The AXA Group is a worldwide leader in insurance and asset management, with 157,000 employees serving 103 million clients in 59 countries. In 2014, IFRS revenues amounted to Euro 92.0 billion and IFRS underlying earnings to Euro 5.1 billion. AXA had Euro 1,277 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2014. The AXA ordinary share is listed on compartment A of Euronext Paris under the ticker symbol CS (ISN FR 0000120628 – Bloomberg: CS FP – Reuters: AXAF.PA).
AXA’s American Depository Share is also quoted on the OTC QX platform under the ticker symbol AXAHY. The AXA Group is included in the main international SRI indexes, such as Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) and FTSE4GOOD. It is a founding member of the UN Environment Programme’s Finance Initiative (UNEP FI) Principles for Sustainable Insurance and a signatory of the UN Principles for Responsible Investment.
1 Source: Africa Re Information Memorandum, based on 2013 gross written premiums. 2 EUR 1 = USD 1.13.
- Why Do Expats Fear Coming Home?
- Expanding UK Based DoctorCall Becomes An International Assistance Group Accredited Service Provider
- Insurers Place An Increasing Emphasis On Creating Long-Term Bancassurance Partnerships
- Black Friday Sale: Save £30 When You Publish A Front Page Exclusive News Story With iPMI Magazine
- Publish A Front Page Exclusive News Story With New iPMI Magazine PR Distribution And Marketing Service
- Awesome Air Evac
- AOC Insurance Broker Launch Revolutionary App Featuring International Health Insurance Comparative Search Engine With E-Health Services
- Save £30 When You Publish A Front Page Exclusive News Story With New iPMI Magazine PR Distribution And Marketing Service
- UK Advisers Fear Economic Uncertainty And Market Volatility As BREXIT Looms - But Income Is Up As Firms Plan Expansion
- Majority of Life Insurance Brokers, Carriers and Vendors Anticipate Innovation Will Streamline and Speed the Issuance of Life Insurance Policies
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- Cigna Opens Headquarters For African Operations In Nairobi, Kenya
- Video: In 2019 The Definition Of An Expatriate Is Obsolete
- Rising Medical Costs And Shifting Health Drivers Fuel Innovation In Employer-Sponsored Health Plans
- How To Submit News, Articles and Case Studies To iPMI Magazine
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Sheldon Kenton President And CEO, GeoBlue