AXA has announced that it has completed the acquisition of a 7.15% stake in African Reinsurance Corporation (“Africa Re”), the leading reinsurance company in Africa1 , for a total consideration of USD 61 million (or Euro 54 million2 ).
The AXA Group is a worldwide leader in insurance and asset management, with 157,000 employees serving 103 million clients in 59 countries. In 2014, IFRS revenues amounted to Euro 92.0 billion and IFRS underlying earnings to Euro 5.1 billion. AXA had Euro 1,277 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2014. The AXA ordinary share is listed on compartment A of Euronext Paris under the ticker symbol CS (ISN FR 0000120628 – Bloomberg: CS FP – Reuters: AXAF.PA).
AXA’s American Depository Share is also quoted on the OTC QX platform under the ticker symbol AXAHY. The AXA Group is included in the main international SRI indexes, such as Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) and FTSE4GOOD. It is a founding member of the UN Environment Programme’s Finance Initiative (UNEP FI) Principles for Sustainable Insurance and a signatory of the UN Principles for Responsible Investment.
1 Source: Africa Re Information Memorandum, based on 2013 gross written premiums. 2 EUR 1 = USD 1.13.
- AXA And Accor Launch Strategic Partnership To Offer Medical Assistance In Hotels Worldwide
- Driving Innovation In The Travel Insurance Sector With The Travel Health Calculator
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Janette Hiscock, CEO Of Global Solutions Europe, United Healthcare Global
- Why Do Expats Fear Coming Home?
- Expanding UK Based DoctorCall Becomes An International Assistance Group Accredited Service Provider
- Insurers Place An Increasing Emphasis On Creating Long-Term Bancassurance Partnerships
- Black Friday Sale: Save £30 When You Publish A Front Page Exclusive News Story With iPMI Magazine
- Publish A Front Page Exclusive News Story With New iPMI Magazine PR Distribution And Marketing Service
- Universal Air Evac
- AOC Insurance Broker Launch Revolutionary App Featuring International Health Insurance Comparative Search Engine With E-Health Services
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- Allianz Care Reports Up To 235% Year-On-Year Increase In Applications For International Health Insurance Policies
- ACC Aviation Partners With Air Ambulance Systems Specialist AeroMedical
- Aetna International Announces Partnership With Leading Mental Well-Being App Wysa, As Part Of Enhanced Mental Well-Being Support For Members During COVID-19 Pandemic
- Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty And Allianz Care Introduce Digital Health Services To Singapore-Based Customers
- Johan Forsgård To Take New Nordics Leadership Role At Willis Towers Watson