Willis Group Completes Transaction With Miller To Form A Leading London Wholesale Specialist Insurance Broking Firm
- Written by iPMI Magazine
- font size decrease font size increase font size
Willis Group Holdings has announced that following receipt of all necessary regulatory approvals, it has completed its investment in Miller Insurance Services LLP to form a leading London wholesale specialist insurance broking firm.
The transaction combines the firms' respective wholesale businesses to trade under the Miller brand, managed, governed and regulated as a standalone legal entity and separate Lloyd's broker.
Under the terms of the transaction, Willis has become a corporate member in Miller Insurance Services LLP by taking a majority (85%) interest in the partnership. Partners of Miller retain the remaining interest so that it can be transferred to new generations of Miller partners in perpetuity.
The transaction combines those businesses of Willis and Miller that are complementary, and selected broking activities will transfer between the two firms. Wholesale broking activities encompassing a series of business units will transfer from Willis to Miller and Miller's treaty reinsurance, UK Corporate client and Financial Institutions retail teams will transfer to Willis.
Dominic Casserley, CEO of Willis Group, commented, "The successful completion of this transaction combines the exceptional talent and capabilities of Willis and Miller, creating a platform for future growth. Bringing together complementary businesses under our respective brands adds further strength and depth to our client propositions."
Graham Clarke, CEO of Miller, said, "I am delighted that we have concluded this transaction to create a unique partnership in our industry; one where we have preserved the values of Miller that matter to our clients – those of independent advice and where clients come first. By combining the strengths of our two firms, we will be able to offer additional expertise, experience and product knowledge. While we look back proudly on our long heritage, we are also looking forward to a new era of partnership."
Willis announced its agreement to take a majority interest in the Miller partnership on 22 January 2015. The terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
- iPMI Magazine Round Table: International Medical Cost Containment Strategies 2022
- Why AXA Leaving The Middle East Is A Big Deal
- iPMI Magazine Speaks with Global Excel Indonesia’s Steven Om on Brand-New Hospital Express Discharge Program
- Healthcare International (HCI) Announces Management Buyout Backed By Prefequity
- Bupa Announces Appointment Of James Lenton As Group CFO
- Uncertainty About The Future And Finances Leading Causes Of Stress, Cigna Study Reveals
- Healix Sentinel Enables Businesses To Get People Moving Again
- UAE Embraces Telehealth In COVID-19 Battle
- Peak Re Appoints Clarence Wong As Chief Economist
- AM Best Affirms Credit Ratings Of Allianz México, S.A., Compañía de Seguros
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Eithan Wolf, CEO, PassportCard Germany
- HCI Group Launches New Modular iPMI Plan, NIMBL Health
- APRIL International Maintains Top IPMI Service Rating For 2nd Consecutive Year
- Allianz Partners Continues Growth Trajectory Driven By Travel Rebound
- Allianz Partners Enhances Health Business With New Appointments