ABRY Partners ("ABRY"), a Boston-based private equity firm, has completed the previously announced acquisition of International Medical Group® (IMG®), a leader in the global insurance and assistance services market.
Brent Stone, partner at ABRY, said, "We are proud to welcome IMG into the ABRY family. Its outstanding leadership, sustained growth and reputation for excellence position IMG as the top player among its competitors. With our shared vision and values, we look forward to continuing our partnership and further expanding IMG's global presence."
IMG's executive management team, Board of Directors and previous private equity partners — Altaris Capital Partners and Galen Partners — approved the acquisition. The company's operations were not impacted by the ownership change.
IMG President and CEO Brian Barwick said, "We are excited to partner with ABRY, whose solid financial foundation and decades of experience investing in high-quality companies will provide the support necessary to drive additional expansion."
Greenhill, a leading independent investment bank, facilitated the acquisition. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
- GBG Introduces New Brand and Website
- Bancassurance Groups Accounted For Over 8% Of The Value Of The Global Insurance Market In 2019
- Anacap Makes Growth Investment In Leading German Insurance Broker MRH Trowe
- Bupa Announces Evelyn Bourke Is Retiring As Group CEO And Appoints Iñaki Ereño from 1 January 2021
- AM Best Affirms Credit Ratings Of Allianz SE And Rated Subsidiaries
- Oman Insurance Company Completes 100% Acquisition Of Dubai Starr Sigorta
- Remote Medical International Acquires SSI Group
- Bupa To Increase Stake In Bupa Arabia To 43.25%
- Medical And Security Assistance Provider Announces Sale Of Assets And Intellectual Property
- AXA – Global Healthcare Appoints Gordon Delaney As Regional Head Of Europe
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Eithan Wolf, CEO, PassportCard Germany
- HCI Group Launches New Modular iPMI Plan, NIMBL Health
- APRIL International Maintains Top IPMI Service Rating For 2nd Consecutive Year
- Allianz Partners Continues Growth Trajectory Driven By Travel Rebound
- Allianz Partners Enhances Health Business With New Appointments