The insurance arm of Asia-based Pacific Century Group, FWD Group, has announced that it has acquired a 90% stake in group medical insurance provider Shenton Insurance Pte Ltd (“Shenton”) from Parkway Holdings Limited, an indirect wholly-owned subsidiary of IHH Healthcare Berhad.
Shenton will be rebranded to FWD in due course.
Singapore is the third new market in FWD’s regional footprint which now includes Indonesia and the Philippines, in addition to Hong Kong, Macau and Thailand. As a leading and well-regulated financial centre, Singapore combines robust, high standards with a business-friendly environment. Its role as ASEAN’s pre-eminent financial services and risk management hub makes it a strategically important market for FWD – aligned to its pan-Asian growth aspirations and providing connectivity to the region.
“FWD is dedicated to changing the way people feel about insurance across Asia, and Singapore is a fundamental part of our vision to become a leading pan-Asian insurer,” said Mr Huynh Thanh Phong, Group CEO of FWD. “The Shenton management team have built a strong foundation for FWD in the country.”
FWD is focused on creating fresh customer experiences with easy-to-understand insurance solutions supported by digital technologies. The company will continue with its existing business and intends to invest in expanding the business in Singapore and is committed to growing its activities in the region.
- Integra Global Announces New Partnership For Telehealth Services In UAE
- 3 Exclusive Summer Offers From iPMI Magazine
- Sheldon Kenton Appointed President And CEO Of IPMI Leader GeoBlue
- International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI) Policy Designed To Meet The Needs Of Expatriates Living In France Pre And Post BREXIT
- Save 25% When You Join iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory - Black Friday Sale Starts Now
- 24 Hours Left - Save 25% When You Join iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory - OFFER ENDS 23RD Oct 2018
- Save 25% When You Join iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory*
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory October 2018
- UnitedHealthcare Global Launch New International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI) Product
- Cigna Opens New Global Sales Centre For Global Individual Private Medical Insurance Business At Dubai International Financial Centre
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- Cigna Opens Headquarters For African Operations In Nairobi, Kenya
- Video: In 2019 The Definition Of An Expatriate Is Obsolete
- Rising Medical Costs And Shifting Health Drivers Fuel Innovation In Employer-Sponsored Health Plans
- How To Submit News, Articles and Case Studies To iPMI Magazine
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Sheldon Kenton President And CEO, GeoBlue