Aid-Call Limited has been operating in the UK for over 35 years. Based in Ashburton, Devon, and employing around 140 people, Aid-Call Limited provides personal alarm services for over 50,000 people throughout the UK.
The acquisition, which is subject to FCA approval, will further strengthen and extend AXA’s presence in the UK health and care markets and evidences its commitment to developing trusted propositions that enable older people to maintain their independence, dignity and wellbeing while living in their own homes.
Keith Gibbs, Chief Executive, AXA PPP healthcare said, “We are delighted to be acquiring Aid-Call Limited from Age UK – an organisation with whom we have a shared ethos and a shared commitment to delivering exceptional customer service. Aid-Call Limited, with its size, well established operating procedures, direct to consumer experience and its deep understanding of the needs of older people, is an excellent fit for AXA.
“Strengthening and extending our presence in the health and care markets further signals AXA’s ambition to become the trusted partner that enables people to live life well and to the full – whatever their age.”
Tom Wright, Chief Executive, Age UK said, “We are delighted that AXA PPP healthcare is taking on ownership of Aid-Call Limited and firmly believe this is in the best interests of both today’s and tomorrow’s users of the Age UK Personal Alarm. Current Age UK Personal Alarm users can expect the same level of care and service they enjoy now and AXA PPP healthcare has committed to further investment in the platforms that support the service. Age UK’s trading arm will continue to be involved for the foreseeable future and, in our fast changing technological world, we think it makes a lot of sense for us to be partnering on the Personal Alarm with such a major company as AXA PPP healthcare, with its impressive global reach.”
International health and medical insurance industry news
- Why Do Expats Fear Coming Home?
- Insurers Place An Increasing Emphasis On Creating Long-Term Bancassurance Partnerships
- AXA To Sell Its Romanian Operations To Vienna Insurance Group
- Jumia And AXA Partner To Provide Insurance Products And Services To African Customers
- Travel Insurance Claims Soar As Families Hit The Slopes
- AXA Publishes Latest Insurance Claims Stats
- AXA PPP Healthcare Introduces New Cost-Effective Health Cover
- AXA UK Delighted To Receive CMA Approval For Acquisition Of Simplyhealth PMI Business
- UK Gaps In ISA knowledge Revealed
- AXA Completes Acquisition Of A 7% Stake In Africa Re
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- CEGA Makes Senior Medical Appointment For New Spanish Office
- Horwich Farrelly And LV= Strike Further Blow To Fraudulent Claims Boss Who Is Jailed For Six Months
- First Stop Health Delivers Best Practices for High ROI Telemedicine
- Transactional Risk Insurance Use By Investors Reached Record Levels In 2018
- Collinson Enhances Global Medical Assistance Team With Key Appointments