White Mountains Insurance Group, Ltd. has announced that its portfolio company, MediaAlpha, has acquired from Healthplans.com certain assets associated with its health and life insurance business. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
The acquisition will expand MediaAlpha's footprint in the health insurance and life insurance verticals and increase the company's scale and profitability. This is the second add-on acquisition that MediaAlpha has closed since White Mountains acquired a majority interest in the company in 2014.
"We are pleased to support MediaAlpha in its acquisition," commented Chris Delehanty, Managing Director of White Mountains. "The deal supplements MediaAlpha's strong organic growth and further establishes MediaAlpha as the leader in its marketplace. Steve, Eugene and team have been terrific partners, and we look forward to continuing to support their growth initiatives."
The acquisition was financed with debt from MediaAlpha's existing lender, Bridge Bank, and equity funded by MediaAlpha's existing unitholders. As a result of the transaction, White Mountains' ownership in MediaAlpha increased to approximately 59% on a fully-diluted basis.
White Mountains is a Bermuda-domiciled financial services holding company traded on the New York Stock Exchange and the Bermuda Stock Exchange under the symbol WTM. Additional financial information and other items of interest are available at the Company's web site located at www.whitemountains.com.
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- It’s In The Genes For International Medical Insurance Providers
- Bupa UK Appoints Sales Director For Health Clinics
- Allianz Care Announces New Partnership With ICE Insurance In Mozambique
- A.M. Best Affirms Credit Ratings of Munich Reinsurance Company and Most of Its Subsidiaries
- Pacific Prime Wins Two Awards At The NOW Health International And Best Doctors Insurance Convention In Thailand