Acıbadem Sigorta is a specialist health insurance provider with both corporate and individual customers. Headquartered in Istanbul, it has over 500 employees and covers 600,000 lives. In 2017 Acıbadem Sigorta generated gross written premiums of TRY913m.
Simeon Preston, CEO of Bupa International Markets, said, "We’re delighted to announce Bupa’s agreement to acquire Acıbadem Sigorta. Its impressive growth, first-class management team and customer focus make it an excellent choice for market entry. We have been watching the Turkish market for several years and we believe it offers excellent prospects for growth. We see this acquisition as a long-term strategic investment for us. Bupa and Acıbadem Sigorta have a shared commitment to putting customers first, and we look forward to welcoming the team into the Bupa family.”
Gökhan Gürcan, CEO of Acıbadem Sigorta added, “We’re very much looking forward to becoming part of the Bupa family. Together we have a shared commitment to helping our customers live longer, healthier, happier lives. Bupa has a strong record of developing and growing the businesses it acquires and has the resources and expertise to help us build on the successes of the past 26 years. Together we can support the continued development of the Turkish health insurance market.”
From 2013 to 2017, Acıbadem Sigorta increased its GWP market share from 12% to 18% and became the number one Turkish health insurer in corporate business and number two overall. Acıbadem Sigorta is managed by an experienced executive team – each member of the senior management team has over 20 years of experience in the industry.
Acıbadem Sigorta is the largest health insurer in the Turkish Corporate PMI segment with a 27% share of GWP. In the individual PMI segment it is the third-placed player with a 9% market share.
Bupa will benefit from Acıbadem Sigorta’s local market knowledge, and their customers and employees will benefit from the strength of Bupa’s expertise and experience.
Acıbadem Sigorta is currently wholly-owned by Avicennia Capital, a Malaysia-based financial holding company.
The deal is subject to regulatory approvals.
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Sheldon Kenton President And CEO, GeoBlue
- Bupa Completes Acquisition Of Turkey’s 2nd Largest Health Insurer
- Bupa To Acquire UK's Leading Private Dental Provider
- Bupa Global Expands International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI) Reach With New Office In Switzerland
- Global Chief Medical Officer Network Convenes To Explore Human Performance And Mental Wellbeing
- Bupa CEO Steps Down
- Bupa Chief Legal Officer Announces Plan To Retire
- Bupa Appoints Simon Blair And Janet Voûte As Board Directors
- “Bupa World” Hosts Over 50,000 visitors
- Healthcare Inflation Reaches An Unsustainable Level For Members
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- ROCK Insurance Group Launches New COVID-19 Travel Insurance And Cancellation Products To Travel Trade
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory July 2020
- Bupa To Increase Stake In Bupa Arabia To 43.25%
- May Passenger Demand Shows Slight Improvement
- AMII Initiative Leads To Landmark Agreement For Electronic Transfer Of Underwriting