Teladoc Health has announced its agreement to acquire Paris-based telemedicine provider MédecinDirect. By combining the breadth of virtual care services of Teladoc Health with the strong, established local medical operations of MédecinDirect, the company is poised to capitalise on positive market conditions to bring the benefits of virtual care to more individuals across France.
“With a continued focus on our global expansion, we will now become the market leader in France with the ability to have an immediate impact on healthcare delivery in the country,” stated Carlos Nueno, president, Teladoc Health International. “On the successful foundation built by MédecinDirect, we will bring our full suite of virtual care services to multinational clients who have been eager to expand.”
Similar to many countries around the world, France also faces the growing demand for convenient access to high quality healthcare. Consumer awareness of virtual care is on the rise, and the recent positive regulatory changes regarding virtual care reimbursement make the market ripe for virtual care adoption. With more than 40 leading insurance partners and nearly half of the top 30 private medical insurers (PMIs) in France, MédecinDirect has a well-established client base that can now benefit from access to a much broader spectrum of clinical services.
“We have had great success in the virtual care market, and now together with Teladoc Health we can meet more care needs for more individuals, and ultimately help improve healthcare across the country,” said Francois Lescure, CEO and co-founder, MédecinDirect. “We share Teladoc Health’s vision for what the healthcare experience should be and look forward to transforming how people access healthcare.”
The acquisition is expected to close during the first half of the year and terms will not be disclosed. The organisation will become the French country unit of Teladoc Health, adding to existing operations in the U.K., Australia, Canada, Spain, Portugal, Hungary, China, Chile and Brazil. The closing is subject to regulatory approval and the acquisition will be immaterial to Teladoc Health’s financial results. For more information, visit TeladocHealth.com or MédecinDirect.fr.
- AnaCap Acquires Independent Danish Private Health Insurance Business
- Aon Completes Acquisition Of Unirobe Meeùs Groep
- Swiss Re Corporate Solutions Completes Acquisition Of IHC Risk Solutions
- Willis Group Urges Willis And Towers Watson Shareholders To Support Value Creating Strategic Combination
- Commission Clears Acquisition Of Towers Watson By Willis
- ABRY Completes Acquisition of International Medical Group, Inc.
- Molina Healthcare Completes Acquisition of Providence Human Services and Providence Community Services
- Willis Promises To Shake Up The UK Human Capital & Benefits Market As Acquisition Of PMI Health Group Completes
- Admin Re® To Buy Guardian Financial Services For GBP 1.6 Billion
- HCC Insurance Holdings Stockholders Approve Acquisition by Tokio Marine
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- Cigna Opens Headquarters For African Operations In Nairobi, Kenya
- Video: In 2019 The Definition Of An Expatriate Is Obsolete
- Rising Medical Costs And Shifting Health Drivers Fuel Innovation In Employer-Sponsored Health Plans
- How To Submit News, Articles and Case Studies To iPMI Magazine
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Sheldon Kenton President And CEO, GeoBlue