AnaCap Financial Partners announced the acquisition of a majority stake in SundhedsGruppen A/S which consists of Dansk Sundhedssikring A/S a leading independent Danish private health insurance provider, and PrimaCare A/S a quality provider of healthcare networks.
AnaCap is acquiring the majority stake in SundhedsGruppen from the Company’s Founders, who will retain a minority.
SundhedsGruppen, provides health insurance and claims management services to clients’ employees and has built a market-leading technological infrastructure that also white labels to other providers in adjunct insurance areas.
The Company has a unique partnership arrangement with medical clinics throughout Denmark that allows for best-in-class provision of healthcare services to its customers’ employees, with a clear focus on specialist support and local availability.
Tassilo Arnhold, Managing Director at AnaCap, comments, “AnaCap is delighted to be partnering with SundhedsGruppen. The Company has created a great insurance technology and data-driven platform with a uniquely differentiated insurer challenger proposition, high customer service standards and competitive underwriting. We are confident that our long-standing expertise in backing businesses poised for international growth will actively support this ambitious growth plan and management team, both through technological and operational investments.”
SundhedsGruppen’s proprietary technological platform facilitates accurate identification of optimal healthcare access as well as reporting, feedback and claims management respectively. AnaCap will now look to leverage its deep insurance sector understanding and expertise in improving both technological and digital infrastructure to support enhancements in the customer experience as well as drive growth in new and existing markets.
The business currently provides insurance cover for approximately 250,000 individuals in Denmark, through a client list comprising several of the Nordics’ largest blue-chip companies, having grown from a founder-backed start-up in 2012. Driven by unique market positioning, the Company generated a c.70% CAGR in premiums during the period 2012-2018 vs. a 5% market norm.
AnaCap will also deploy its expertise in the insurance sector to support management’s ambition to grow market share internationally, into the Nordics and wider geographical markets, as well as through additional insurance market channels. The growth of the business will be through organic expansion models as well as identifying attractive bolt-on acquisition opportunities.
- Allianz Partners Appoints New Chief Financial Officer For International Health Brand, Allianz Care
- 3 Exclusive Summer Offers From iPMI Magazine
- Broadstone Group Enters IPMI Market With Acquisition Of Specialist IPMI and Employee Benefits Firm
- Teladoc Health To Expand Global Reach With Acquisition of MédecinDirect
- Aon Completes Acquisition Of Unirobe Meeùs Groep
- Best Doctors® Announces Record Global Growth In 2016
- Swiss Re Corporate Solutions Completes Acquisition Of IHC Risk Solutions
- Willis Group Urges Willis And Towers Watson Shareholders To Support Value Creating Strategic Combination
- Commission Clears Acquisition Of Towers Watson By Willis
- ABRY Completes Acquisition of International Medical Group, Inc.
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- FAI Air Ambulance Update #2: Wuhan Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)
- Coronavirus: Are We Overreacting?
- The Challenges Of Living Abroad With Cancer
- Employee Health Inertia A Rising Risk To Businesses As Employees Reveal Lack Of Action Against Long-Term Health Worries
- Germany's 1st Coronavirus Case Is Human-to-Human Transmission