AnaCap Financial Partners announced the acquisition of a majority stake in SundhedsGruppen A/S which consists of Dansk Sundhedssikring A/S a leading independent Danish private health insurance provider, and PrimaCare A/S a quality provider of healthcare networks.
AnaCap is acquiring the majority stake in SundhedsGruppen from the Company’s Founders, who will retain a minority.
SundhedsGruppen, provides health insurance and claims management services to clients’ employees and has built a market-leading technological infrastructure that also white labels to other providers in adjunct insurance areas.
The Company has a unique partnership arrangement with medical clinics throughout Denmark that allows for best-in-class provision of healthcare services to its customers’ employees, with a clear focus on specialist support and local availability.
Tassilo Arnhold, Managing Director at AnaCap, comments, “AnaCap is delighted to be partnering with SundhedsGruppen. The Company has created a great insurance technology and data-driven platform with a uniquely differentiated insurer challenger proposition, high customer service standards and competitive underwriting. We are confident that our long-standing expertise in backing businesses poised for international growth will actively support this ambitious growth plan and management team, both through technological and operational investments.”
SundhedsGruppen’s proprietary technological platform facilitates accurate identification of optimal healthcare access as well as reporting, feedback and claims management respectively. AnaCap will now look to leverage its deep insurance sector understanding and expertise in improving both technological and digital infrastructure to support enhancements in the customer experience as well as drive growth in new and existing markets.
The business currently provides insurance cover for approximately 250,000 individuals in Denmark, through a client list comprising several of the Nordics’ largest blue-chip companies, having grown from a founder-backed start-up in 2012. Driven by unique market positioning, the Company generated a c.70% CAGR in premiums during the period 2012-2018 vs. a 5% market norm.
AnaCap will also deploy its expertise in the insurance sector to support management’s ambition to grow market share internationally, into the Nordics and wider geographical markets, as well as through additional insurance market channels. The growth of the business will be through organic expansion models as well as identifying attractive bolt-on acquisition opportunities.
- Anacap Makes Growth Investment In Leading German Insurance Broker MRH Trowe
- APRIL International Care Announces Raft Of Enhancements To International Health Insurance Range MyHEALTH Singapore
- Oman Insurance Company Completes 100% Acquisition Of Dubai Starr Sigorta
- Remote Medical International Acquires SSI Group
- Bupa To Increase Stake In Bupa Arabia To 43.25%
- Medical And Security Assistance Provider Announces Sale Of Assets And Intellectual Property
- Allianz Partners Appoints New Chief Financial Officer For International Health Brand, Allianz Care
- 3 Exclusive Summer Offers From iPMI Magazine
- Broadstone Group Enters IPMI Market With Acquisition Of Specialist IPMI and Employee Benefits Firm
- Teladoc Health To Expand Global Reach With Acquisition of MédecinDirect
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- GBG Introduces New Brand and Website
- IMG Welcomes Dina Tarantola-Froner As Chief Underwriting Officer
- AXA Completes Sale Of AXA Bank Belgium
- International Private Medical Insurance Magazine Provider Network Directory January 2022
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Angela Smith, Head Of Proposition Development, Charles Taylor Assistance