Remote Medical International, a global leader in workplace health and safety services for Fortune 100 corporations and government services prime contractors, has announced it completed its acquisition of SSI Group on July 1.
Based in the United Kingdom, SSI specializes in emergency response medical services for the oil and gas and renewable energy sectors, global risk management, and international safety.
“This acquisition is part of our strategy to aggressively expand into new markets, notably renewable energy, broaden our offerings to include risk management, and build on our leading COVID-19 services,” said Wayne Wager, CEO of Remote Medical International. “The complimentary nature of our businesses adds to our ability to design bespoke solutions for our clients that save lives and improve the health of workers in diverse job sites around the world.”
Remote Medical International will leverage SSI’s years of work to provide medical and technical support for offshore wind farm and other renewable energy construction in the North Sea and North America and expand its work with large corporations working in remote and challenging locations globally. The combined expertise will produce a comprehensive range of COVID-19 medical services and solutions for businesses seeking to create safe back-to-work situations under one Remote Medical International offering.
The combined companies will deliver unparalleled quality by setting the highest standards for medical and safety personnel and clinical governance. Customers will benefit from the companies’ vast experience in offering workplace health and safety and risk management services to more than 120 countries across the globe.
“We are delighted to join the Remote Medical International team and believe that together our companies will deliver greater value to our customers through our common values of quality, agility, responsiveness, and collaboration,” said Duncan Higham, Founder and Managing Director of SSI. ”We share a passion for delivering unparalleled services and a vision of being the best remote medical provider on land and at sea.”
Mr. Higham has been named Remote Medical International’s vice president global strategy, reporting directly to Wayne Wager, CEO of Remote Medical International. Julian Rawles, formerly SSI’s commercial director, will serve as the managing director of Remote Medical International UK reporting to Paul Budak, chief operating officer. No other changes in either organization are anticipated. The terms of the acquisition were not disclosed.
- Anacap Makes Growth Investment In Leading German Insurance Broker MRH Trowe
- Oman Insurance Company Completes 100% Acquisition Of Dubai Starr Sigorta
- Bupa To Increase Stake In Bupa Arabia To 43.25%
- Medical And Security Assistance Provider Announces Sale Of Assets And Intellectual Property
- AnaCap Acquires Independent Danish Private Health Insurance Business
- Teladoc Health To Expand Global Reach With Acquisition of MédecinDirect
- Aon Completes Acquisition Of Unirobe Meeùs Groep
- Swiss Re Corporate Solutions Completes Acquisition Of IHC Risk Solutions
- Willis Group Urges Willis And Towers Watson Shareholders To Support Value Creating Strategic Combination
- Commission Clears Acquisition Of Towers Watson By Willis
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- Passenger Demand Recovery Grinds to a Halt in November
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory January 2021
- Global Excel Achieves SOC 1 & 2 Type I Certification
- Emirates Group Security Appoints MedAire As A Partner To Enhance AVSEC Threat and Risk Assessments
- MercyOne Announces NCQA Case Management And Population Health Program Accreditations