The merger between the DIOT-LSN and SIACI SAINT HONORE groups has been given the green light from the European Union and the regulators and authorities in the various countries where the new Group will be operating.
The birth of the leading independent European insurance broker operating worldwide took place on November 16, 2021. The new group will generate turnover of almost €700 million, with 5,000 employees in 42 countries.
The transaction signed on July 2 between the BURRUS GROUP, headed by Christian Burrus, and SIACI SAINT HONORE, chaired by Pierre Donnersberg, was completed on November 16, paving the way for the creation of a new European leader in insurance brokerage, reinsurance and risk management consulting.
The Burrus Group and the management of the new entity will hold the majority of the capital and voting rights, thus guaranteeing its independence. Alongside them, the presence of leading investors, led by the Canadian pension fund Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan with a 30% stake, Bpifrance with 10%, Cathay Capital with 5% and Mubadala and Ardian, already shareholder in the SIACI SAINT HONORE Group, confirms the international ambitions of the new Group.
Pierre Donnersberg will be Chairman of the new "DIOT-SIACI" group and Christian Burrus will become Vice-Chairman and Managing Director within an Executive Committee of directors from both entities.
By becoming one of the world's top 10 players in large corporate risks, the new group is positioning itself as a key player in this market alongside the global brokers from across the Atlantic. In France, thanks to its national network, it is strengthening its position in the Large Companies, Mid-cap and SME-SMI market in personal insurance, international mobility, property and liability, marine and transport, and credit insurance and reinsurance.
Pierre Donnersberg said: "We are delighted to be able to finalize our corporate venture which now positions us as the French leader in our sector with a clear international strategy. We will seize new growth opportunities and make the most of all our synergies to better serve our clients all around the world”.
Christian Burrus emphasized: "We share an ambition and values that place people and jobs at the heart of this project. We are committed to our independence, guaranteed by a strong family shareholding which safeguards the interests of our employees, our clients and our investors”.
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Sheldon Kenton, Group Chief Executive Officer, Global Benefits Group
- International Health Insurance 2022
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Michael Nole, Executive Vice President Sales And Marketing At World Travel Protection
- Healthcare International Acquires International Business Of Integra Global
- International Private Medical Insurance Magazine Provider Network Directory August 2022
- International Private Medical Insurance Magazine Provider Network Directory July 2022
- International Private Medical Insurance Magazine Provider Network Directory June 2022
- International Private Medical Insurance Magazine Provider Network Directory May 2022
- Mandatory Health Insurance In Qatar Comes Into Effect
- Allianz Ayudhya Capital PCL (AYUD) Completes Acquisition Of Aetna Health Insurance Thailand 6 May 2022