In light of recent news headlines regarding the poor state of some NHS hospitals, Over 50s personal finance comparison site Over50choices announces alternative healthcare solutions with the launch of their new affordable Private Health Insurance comparison tool. As a nation, over the years the majority of people in the UK have been proud of the NHS, a service that has been the envy of other countries. Now as a result of relentless bad press, regarding poor healthcare, hospital super drugs and increased death rates, the quality of service provided really has come into question. Little wonder then that people are looking for alternative solutions.
Over50choices, a personal finance comparison website designed specifically for the Over50s, has a dedicated section on affordable Private Health Insurance, an option for those looking for an alternative to the NHS. It explains all about the different types of cover, how to reduce monthly premiums for people on a budget and provides a comparison service so visitors to the site can compare healthcare plans and be sure to choose the right level of cover for their needs.
Private Health Insurance can be of benefit for those looking to have more control over the treatment they receive. It provides speedy access to specialists and consultants avoiding lengthy NHS queues; more accommodating appointment times arranged to suit the individual; the use of private hospitals which usually includes en-suite rooms with good quality food, TVs and private phones; unrestricted visiting times and access to new drugs and treatment that may not be available on the NHS.
Over50choices Managing Director Ashley Shepherd speaks from personal experience when talking about the benefits of Health Insurance. “Having been diagnosed with Prostate Cancer 3 years ago, I found the support and protection my health insurance gave me invaluable. I was able to explore all the options available to me and had access to one of the countries’ leading urologists, a point I whole heartedly believe was life changing."
Of course Private Healthcare does not negate the need or use of the NHS which still provides emergency support and care for long term illness but it can help people stay in control of their healthcare. We all lead busy lives these days so if we have an illness, the last thing we need is the additional strain and pressure brought on by waiting for appointments, test results and treatments. By speeding up the process with health insurance, life doesn’t necessarily have to come to a standstill.”
The website explains the differences between the main types and different levels of health insurance and how to reduce costs by increasing the excess which is the amount the insured person is prepared to pay towards each claim, agreeing to be treated by the NHS if treatment takes place within certain time frames or by paying a certain percentage of costs. In addition to affordable Private Health Insurance, the website also helps visitors review, compare and buy Over 50s life insurance, car insurance, travel, pet and home insurance, energy suppliers and funeral plans.
- Why AXA Leaving The Middle East Is A Big Deal
- HDI Global Specialty Enters International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI) Market With Generali Hire
- iPMI Magazine Speaks with Global Excel Indonesia’s Steven Om on Brand-New Hospital Express Discharge Program
- Healthcare International (HCI) Announces Management Buyout Backed By Prefequity
- Bupa Announces Appointment Of James Lenton As Group CFO
- ROUND TABLE: International Medical Cost Containment Strategies 2021
- Think Insurtech And INSquary Forge Partnership
- Number Of People In The UK Buying Private Medical Insurance For The 1st Time Doubles Since Covid-19
- Towergate Health & Protection launches open-access GP Hero
- Uncertainty About The Future And Finances Leading Causes Of Stress, Cigna Study Reveals
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- AXA Partners Introduces Health Elect To Provide Access To US Health Insurance
- GBG Introduces New Brand and Website
- IMG Welcomes Dina Tarantola-Froner As Chief Underwriting Officer
- AXA Completes Sale Of AXA Bank Belgium
- International Private Medical Insurance Magazine Provider Network Directory January 2022