Hannover Re (Ireland) Limited, a Member of Hannover Re Group, announces receiving federal and provincial licensing to operate as a life and health reinsurer in Canada.
The branch will offer mortality risk management; insurance based financial solutions; longevity; group life and special risk solutions to direct carriers in Canada.
Chief Executive Officer, Hannover Re (Ireland) Limited, Ms. Debbie O’Hare, announces the appointment of Mr. Amhlaoibh Lynch as General Manager of the Hannover Re (Ireland) Limited Canadian Life Branch (Canadian Life Branch). The Canadian Life Branch is based in Toronto, in a common location with Hannover Rück SE Canadian Branch (operating as P&C Branch in Canada since 1980) at 220 Bay Street.
“Through my career I have had the pleasure to work with Hannover Re on a number of occasions and always admired its client focused approach and embodiment of its 'Somewhat Different' philosophy and spirit. When I was presented with the opportunity to lead Hannover Re’s entry into Canada, it was a 'no-brainer,' and I could not be happier to represent them. Since joining Hannover Re, I have been incredibly impressed by our global capabilities and client solution oriented approach, and I look forward to leveraging the global organization to bring new ideas and innovative solutions to the Canadian market. Consistent with the Hannover Re values and goals, you can expect customer focused solutions that are unique to the Canadian market and the characteristics of our partners,” said Mr. Lynch.
Prior to joining Hannover Re Group, Mr. Lynch was with Manulife Financial since 1993, holding progressively more senior actuarial roles across various functions including marketing, pricing, product development, and asset liability management. Most recently, he was Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of Affinity Markets, Canadian Division Manulife Financial. In this role, Mr. Lynch was responsible for the oversight and financial integrity of a broad portfolio of products that encompassed Mortality, Morbidity, Property & Casualty and financial risks.
In addition, he was a member of the business management team and was an adviser to the general manager on a variety of strategic initiatives. Finally, he led the financial analysis and was a key participant in two strategic acquisitions. As General Manager of the Hannover Re (Ireland) Limited Canadian Life Branch, Mr. Lynch will be responsible for developing and implementing the Hannover Re Group’s strategy to bring reinsurance solutions to life and health clients in Canada.
“With nearly three decades of experience in the Canadian life market and a proven track record of leadership success at Manulife Financial, Amhlaoibh brings an unsurpassed depth of knowledge to Hannover Re as we enter this new market,” said Ms. O’Hare.
- Integra Global Announces New Partnership For Telehealth Services In UAE
- 3 Exclusive Summer Offers From iPMI Magazine
- Sheldon Kenton Appointed President And CEO Of IPMI Leader GeoBlue
- International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI) Policy Designed To Meet The Needs Of Expatriates Living In France Pre And Post BREXIT
- Save 25% When You Join iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory - Black Friday Sale Starts Now
- 24 Hours Left - Save 25% When You Join iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory - OFFER ENDS 23RD Oct 2018
- Save 25% When You Join iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory*
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory October 2018
- UnitedHealthcare Global Launch New International Private Medical Insurance (IPMI) Product
- Cigna Opens New Global Sales Centre For Global Individual Private Medical Insurance Business At Dubai International Financial Centre
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- CEGA Makes Senior Medical Appointment For New Spanish Office
- Horwich Farrelly And LV= Strike Further Blow To Fraudulent Claims Boss Who Is Jailed For Six Months
- First Stop Health Delivers Best Practices for High ROI Telemedicine
- Transactional Risk Insurance Use By Investors Reached Record Levels In 2018
- Collinson Enhances Global Medical Assistance Team With Key Appointments