For the 6th year running, Healix is a finalist in the prestigious Health Insurance Awards to be held in London on 15th October. Having won the award for ‘Best Healthcare Trust Provider’ 3 out of 5 times they are hoping to make it a 4th win this year.
Richard Saunders, sales director at Healix Health Services said they were very proud to be recognised by the industry for the high standards Healix set in providing an attractive alternative to traditional Private Medical Insurance schemes.
Saunders explained, “A corporate healthcare trust is a form of self-insurance for group schemes where instead of paying premiums to an insurance company, the money is placed in a trust fund to pay claims. Many people imagine it to be complicated but it isn’t! With Healix it is no more difficult than taking out a traditional PMI scheme and ‘stop loss’ insurance means there is no risk. We also handle all the paperwork and administration.
“A Healix healthcare trust is truly bespoke and can accommodate most health and wellbeing benefits, as well as coordinating with providers of other benefits such as Employee Assistance Programmes, Group Income Protection and Health Screening. Healthcare trusts also offer significant tax efficiencies over traditional insurance products as they are not subject to Insurance Premium Tax in the same way, an important consideration with IPT increasing to 9.5% in November.
“Our nurse-led approach to claims management also means that employees enjoy a far superior level of service than normally experienced with traditional schemes using claims administrators.”
The advantages of a Healix Healthcare Trust include:
- Lower cost to employer
- Lower P11d rate for employees
- Superior claims service
- No ‘Open Referral’ or hospital restrictions
- Flexibility in scheme design
- Employer retains funds in low claim years
- Costs capped in high claim years
- Other healthcare benefits can be integrated – e.g. Expat iPMI, Cash Plan and Dental
- Co-ordination with other benefit provision ensures most effective use of overall health & wellbeing budget.
- Towergate Health & Protection launches open-access GP Hero
- Announcing The Think Insurtech Marketplace Free Trial
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Olivier LE FAOUDER, CEO And Brian S. Piper, Co-Founder - Strategic Business Development, Think Insurtech
- Bellwood Prestbury Shortlisted In The Best Group International PMI Intermediary Category For 2nd Year Running
- Chase Templeton Acquires Leeds Advisory Firm
- Punter Southall Health & Protection Launches Expatriate Benefit Solutions
- AXA PPP Healthcare Introduces New Cost-Effective Health Cover
- Chase Templeton Completes Avanti Healthcare Acquisition
- Private Medical Insurance Numbers Already Down With The Impact Of Tax Rise On The Horizon
- Shoosmiths Advises Chase Templeton On Acquisition Of Atlas Consulting Group
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- Remote Medical International Partners With New Frontier Group For US Cost Containment And Telemedicine
- easyJet Partners With Collinson To Provide Passengers With COVID-19 Cover
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network Directory May 2021
- Zurich Offers Free Mental Health Education To All UK Corporations
- The Instrumental Role Of Telemedicine During And After The Pandemic