UPMC Health Plan was recognized for excellence in analytics by the International Institute for Analytics (IIA) at its annual Chief Analytics Officer Summit held in Las Vegas, Nev., last month.
UPMC Health Plan was awarded the IIA's annual Excellence in Analytics Award, which acknowledges trailblazing companies that go above and beyond to develop advanced analytics capabilities. UPMC Health Plan was chosen for its "Learning Engine" tool, which provides continuous improvement of the analytics that optimize the quality of care for UPMC Health Plan members.
"UPMC Health Plan is delighted to receive this honor and humbled to be in the company of the other outstanding finalists," saidPamela Peele, Ph.D., Vice President, Health Economics and Chief Analytics Officer for UPMC Health Plan. "It is rewarding to be acknowledged for an innovative tool that helps our members and enables our clinicians."
Other finalists for the award included Dignity Health, Dow Chemical, Enova International, and XL Catlin. Past winners of the award have included the Ford Motor Company, Proctor & Gamble, UnitedHealth Group, and Intermountain Healthcare.
"UPMC Health Plan is a shining example of how to advance analytics and derive measurable impact," said Jack Phillips, Co-Founder and CEO of IIA. "We salute Dr. Peele and her team and congratulate them on winning."
Head of the judging panel was the notable Tom Davenport, the President's Distinguished Professor of Information Technology and Management at Babson College who has been named one of the top three business/technology analysts in the world and one of the 100 most influential people in the IT industry. He has written or edited seventeen books and over 100 articles for Harvard Business Review, Sloan Management Review, the Financial Times, and other publications and writes a weekly column for the Wall Street Journal's Corporate Technology section.
All award contenders were nominated by IIA's community of analytics experts and practitioners who recognized each organization's use of analytics to drive measurable business impact. IIA, which is based in Altamonte Springs, Fla., is an independent research and advisory firm for organizations committed to accelerating their business through the power of analytics.
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Janette Hiscock, CEO Of Global Solutions Europe, United Healthcare Global
- Expanding UK Based DoctorCall Becomes An International Assistance Group Accredited Service Provider
- AOC Insurance Broker Launch Revolutionary App Featuring International Health Insurance Comparative Search Engine With E-Health Services
- UK Advisers Fear Economic Uncertainty And Market Volatility As BREXIT Looms - But Income Is Up As Firms Plan Expansion
- Humana Reports 3RD Quarter 2016 Financial Results
- AA Adds Another Layer Of Protection With Health Care With nib
- Medical Treatment Costs In Asia September 2016
- Peer To Peer Insurance
- No Part Of The Insurance Value Chain Is Safe From Change
- Peer To Peer Mutual Platform Targets Health Insurance
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- New Survey Reveals Gulf In Worldwide Workplace Wellbeing
- Wayne Manning Joins Sedgwick’s International Division
- Pacific Prime Accepts the 2019 Award for Elevating Customer Experience With Technology at the Allianz Broker Event in Dubai
- Affinity Insurance Markets: The Uk And Us Compared
- Healix International Raises Hong Kong Security Risk Rating To Moderate