Leading international private medical insurance provider, Now Health International (www.now-health.com) has analysed almost 120,000 claims made by its customers and can now reveal the top twenty diagnoses in terms of frequency since the company started trading in 2011.
Topping the list is Acute Bronchitis followed by sprains and strains and then lower back pain. The full list is as follows:
- Acute Bronchitis
- Sprains and strains
- Lower back pain
- Acute Nasopharyngitis (common cold)
- Diarrhea and Gastroenteritis
- Urinary infection
- Chest pain
- Cervicalgia (neck pain)
- Vitamin D deficiency
- Abdominal and pelvic pain
- Dizziness and giddiness
The top ten claims accounted for 77% of all claims made and the top twenty, 17%. Claims for list-topping Acute Bronchitis/Bronchiolitis amounted to 16% of all claims spread across the four years.
Although it didn’t make the top 20, Now Health has also somewhat interestingly received 29 claims for dog/other mammal bites over the last four years.
Now Health’s Marketing and Ecommerce Director, Alison Massey, said, “As an Asian-headquartered business, much of our customer base reside in this part of the world. The region often experiences poor air quality due to pollution and other factors such as haze that comes from crop burning so it seems logical that a respiratory illness should top our list.”
Massey continued, “We were also initially surprised at the number of claims associated with Vitamin D deficiency. However, we have discovered that it is the most common nutritional deficiency worldwide for both adults and children. And with many of our members based in the Middle East who spend much of their time in indoors and out of the blazing hot sun, it’s more understandable.”
Now Health International is one of the fastest growing providers of IPMI solutions for Global Expatriates, High-Net-Worth individuals and Small to Medium Sized Enterprises. Just four years old and with more than 130 years of collective IPMI management experience, Now Health already has offices in the UK, Dubai, Hong Kong, Singapore, Shanghai, Beijing and Jakarta, with Abu Dhabi coming soon.
- Pacific Prime Dubai Receives Cigna’s Individual Broker Of The Year 2019 Award
- Globality Health Withdraws From UK IPMI Market
- iPMI Magazine Provider Network e-Directory January 2020: iPMI - Assistance - Air Ambulance - Funeral Directors - Cost Containment - Claims Management + MORE
- Pacific Prime China Wins 2 Cigna & CMB Awards
- Collinson Launches New International Healthcare Solution To Further Extend Its International Insurance Reach
- New Low Cost Business Health Insurance Plans Launched By April International Care For Singapore
- Aetna International Shortlisted For Multiple Awards
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Gary Dawson, Director of Business Development, Pacific Cross Insurance
- Now Health International Enhances Online Experience With WhatsApp For Business
- iPMI Magazine Speaks With Janette Hiscock, CEO Of Global Solutions Europe, United Healthcare Global
Latest from iPMI Magazine
- FAI Air Ambulance Update #2: Wuhan Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)
- Coronavirus: Are We Overreacting?
- The Challenges Of Living Abroad With Cancer
- Employee Health Inertia A Rising Risk To Businesses As Employees Reveal Lack Of Action Against Long-Term Health Worries
- Germany's 1st Coronavirus Case Is Human-to-Human Transmission